It is a LITTLE off topic but here it goes...

I just switched to a 8830 (vzw) from the Storm. The Storm had visual voicemail and now I'm a little spoiled and the entire process of entering in my passsword is really annoying. I remember that there is a way to save your number in your phonebook as voicemail and add pauses and input your password in there with it. After this is done... you just hold down the 1 key and it calls your voicemail and automatically inputs your password. Anyone know how to do this?
    06-19-09 09:41 PM
    Try this (not sure if it will work this way on the 8830)

Open the dial pad, hit the BB key and open Options.

Should have a selection for voicemail and you can enter your password.

Longer solution would be to set up a contact for "Voicemail" and set up the number to call as yours, insert pause, and your password. Then assign it to the speed dial key 1.
    06-19-09 09:51 PM
    It is a LITTLE off topic but here it goes...

I just switched to a 8830 (vzw) from the Storm. The Storm had visual voicemail and now I'm a little spoiled and the entire process of entering in my passsword is really annoying. I remember that there is a way to save your number in your phonebook as voicemail and add pauses and input your password in there with it. After this is done... you just hold down the 1 key and it calls your voicemail and automatically inputs your password. Anyone know how to do this?
    Delete whatever speed dial is entered for the 1/W key. Even if it's blank, just delete it.

Then reboot the device by removing the battery. That will repopulate the voicemail speed dial.

This fix has nothing to do with having "voicemail" as an entry in your address book. It will program the 1/W speed dial with what is in Phone / Options / Voicemail. This is the only way to solve the problem if you've inadvertently replaced your number with some other number. Credit to John Clark for this solution.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-19-09 at 11:14 PM. Reason: proper credit
    06-19-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD