Hello...

I am avid Blackberry user and have been for some time now. I have owned 2 different models of the Blackberry. I have had 2 8703e's and have recently upgraded to the new 8830.

I've recently encountered a minor annoyance with my 2nd 8703e and my new 8830. Both of them seem to be displaying that voicemail symbol on the homescreen. You know, the one that looks like a mini cassette. I don't have any voicemail and I don't have any e-mail. I don't remember having this problem with my first Blackberry.

I work like crazy and get tons of voicemail everyday. I hate having this symbol on my screen all the time. I never know when I get new voice messages and when I don't have any at all. There is no number next to the mini cassette symbol when I don't have messages, but it does display the number of voice messages I have when there is voicemail. I remember the symbol leaving the screen if you have no voicemail. I remember this from my first 8703e.

How do I get rid of it?

I've tried looking through all of Blackberry's helpful literature, but as it turns out, "helpful" is hardly the case.

HELP!!!
    01-11-08 02:56 PM
    How many times do you have to post the same question man!?!
    01-11-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD