I just purchased a refurbished BB 8830 for Bell. Everything seems to work fine until I notice when I receive text messages or incoming phone calls, the vibrate doesn't work at all on my phone, and also the volume for receiving a text message or phone call doesn't work either, but yet when I dial numbers the volume works, and when I click the voice dialer the volume works too? I don't understand what is going on.......do I need to do a update on it? or does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I am a first time user of a Blackberry so I don't know what to do. Thank you all for the help!
    05-09-09 08:18 AM
    Go to profiles then advanced. Highlight the active profile and hit menu key and edit. Look and make sure that the settings are what you want and that the voulme isnt set to mute.
    05-09-09 08:20 AM
    once I do that I hit Edit and it brings me too the Vibrate: browsers, calendar, level 1 messages, messages, messenger alert, messenger new message, phone, sms text and tasks. then it won't let me click on any of them
    05-09-09 08:29 AM
    Two things to try. One change your profile to something else like loud. The edit it to do vibe and tone. Two, try a battery oull while the device is on.
    05-09-09 09:02 AM
    once I go to Edit it only takes me too browsers, calendar, level 1 messages, messages, messenger alert, messenger new message, phone, sms text and tasks. then it won't let me click on any of them
    05-09-09 09:12 AM
    i also tried the pull out the battery and that didn't do anything either....... do you think its just broken and doesn't work?
    05-09-09 09:13 AM
    Has it ever vibrated? Changing different profile and editing them doesnt do anything either?
    05-09-09 09:22 AM
    This is a great link that might help you do with what rlp is telling you...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    05-09-09 09:24 AM
    it was never vibrated, So I'm not sure what's going on
    05-09-09 02:46 PM
    I have changed the profile also .... and still nothing?
    05-09-09 02:48 PM
    Okay, try this. Go into your Options > Status and then once you're on the status screen you will type "TEST" on the keyboard. It should be the 5th-8th test of many that will be a vibe test. If this test fails and your phone will not vibrate after pressing any key to activate it we can assume it's a hardware issue that needs to be resolved through your carriers insurance.
    05-09-09 06:21 PM
    after I get into the status and type test is brings me to a screen that says "test configuration" then lists:
    keyboard and trackball
    misc
    handset audio
    headset audio
    bluetooth audio
    RF components
    GPS
    and a button that says RUN.

the handset audio worked perfectly..... but I have yet to hear anything when I receive a incoming call.

which one would be the vibrate test?
    05-09-09 09:07 PM
    also.... thank you for you're help!
    05-09-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD