I just received a used Verizon Blackberry 8830 WE and got it all set up and operational with Verizon which i am very happy about but the only down side is it looks like the USB port has now become separated from the housing and i am unable to either backup or sync with the phone. Maybe i was a little too rough with it???

It is running an older version of software and i would like to update to the current Verizon version but need feedback on how i can do this with a inoperable USB port??? Is there a way? If not how do i get this USB port repaired?

Thanks for the help!
    05-05-09 04:23 PM
    If you are running OS4.2, I don't think there is any way to update the OS that doesn't require a USB connection. OS4.5 introduced OTA upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 05:16 PM
    Thanks Jeff, is there a way to repair this USB port. It seems that after i have searched the subject others have listed places to get it repaired but it's not cheap? Any advise would be great!
    05-05-09 08:11 PM
    I haven't used any repair services and thus can't recommend one. Look for posts by Pete6 and Crucial eXtreme and you may find some recommendations. It may not be cheap, regardless.
    05-05-09 08:29 PM
    05-05-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD