I just got an 8830 World Edition from Verizon. I've had it for 2 months or so. Recently the hourglass kept popping up. I tried popping the battery a few times and waiting to see if it would go away, no luck. I brought it to the Verizon store and they told me I had too many applications, so I deleted al of the ones I put on it. No luck. The hour glass is still there! Does anyone know how to get rid of it because it kills my battery in 15 hours and it is taking up my connection to the internet and such and e-mails aren't getting to my phone. PLease help if you can! It will be much appreciated!
    10-04-08 12:40 PM
    Most likely you have low memory. Go to Options > Status. Anything less than 12,000,000 bytes is low. See the guide below.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    10-04-08 12:48 PM
    My memory is a little over 16,000,000 surprisingly. Thanks for the help, but the issue is I don't have any of the computer stuff because I'm at college now and left it all at home. Thanks again!
    10-05-08 11:32 AM
    If you pull the battery and put it back in and don't run any 3rd party apps, there's no way it'll hourglass with a running process pegging the CPU at 100%. That's what hourglassing is caused by and most notably a complext webpage with heavy java scripting. If you visit such webpages, that's what's causing this problem for you. Or using a poorly written 3rd party app does this as well.
    10-05-08 12:02 PM
    Thanks. I only had one 3rd party app and it was Facebook ...hopefully that will clear up some room and problems. Again thanks!
    10-05-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD