Hi, I've had this phone for about a month now and it has been working flawlessly until 2 days ago. The first day I started to notice that it would reboot on its own. I get a solid red light for a few seconds (sometimes close to a minute) then it reboots and all is normal. This happen 3 times on the first day. On the second day it started to do it every 3 hours or so. A couple of times I had to remove the battery to get it to turn on. The only extra programs i have installed are Jivetalk, google maps, and pac man. All thse programs have been installed the first week I got the phone and this problem on started 2 days ago. This is my first blackberry so I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    07-09-08 09:31 AM
    what OS are you running?
    07-10-08 12:57 PM
    What about themes, ringtones, music, or vids?
    07-10-08 01:01 PM
    I'm running OS 4.2.2.196 and I have no extra themes,ringtones,music, or vids. Any ideas?
    07-10-08 10:37 PM
    Take it back to Verizon and exchange it for a new phone.

PM me for more information.
    07-10-08 10:50 PM
    whats the file free on your device ?

and did you install any other programs on your device around the time this started ?

do you have a memory card ?

are you doing any thing in perticular when the device decides to freeze up on you ?

or is it just random ?

are you looseing your call logs and other data ?

have you synced your device b4 this started happening ?
    07-12-08 05:20 AM
    I have 22479424 bytes free. I did not install any other programs when this started. I installed the other programs the first week i got the phone. I do have a memory card but I took it out thinking that it might have causes it. It still reboots with the memory card out. The reboot usually is random. Most of the time when it happens, it is in my pocket and I take the phone out to use it. I just notice the solid red light and have to take the battery out to get it to start. No data is lost when this happens. The phone contiunes to work as normal until the next lockup. Yes I sync my phone several times a week and I did sync it before this happen.
    07-12-08 10:21 AM
    Sound like a corrupted OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD