Hello!

New to the forum here, spent a lot of time reading the various posts and you all seem to know your stuff, so I figured one of you may be able to answer/explain what Verizon couldn�t for me. I am a current Treo 650 user, but used to own a Blackberry through Cingular (I think it was the 7290, it was 2 years ago, so it is hard to remember). The reason I dropped it was due to the inability (Back then) to reply to more than one email account and the necessity to constantly log in and delete messages off the web interface. You could receive up to 5 email account but only reply from one account (Either the Blackberry Cingular generated one or one you designate). Also, at the time Cingular only allowed up to 50mb to be pushed through until you "Cleaned Out" the email through the online portal. I get attachments through work up to 5-6Mb a few times a day, so you can see where that killed me. My question is this, is the Verizon still managed through a portal like the Older Cingular one? If so, is there a Mb Cap/Limit to it? I love all the features and options the Blackberry has, but if it is still limited or requires the same amount of maintaining as it did back then, it may not be for me. Any help you can offer is appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    BC871
    05-28-07 09:07 AM
    There is option to clean out the e-mail on the BIS interface anymore. It just pushes it right to your device and that's it. You can have up to 10 accounts on it and the BB will allow you to reply based on what account the e-mail is sent to as long as it's on BIS.
    05-28-07 10:20 AM
    Thanks!!!!!!
    05-28-07 03:41 PM
    I'm using gmail as my personal email account on my new 8830 and everytime I send an email from it, it shows the sent message as a new message. Can I somehow disable that?
    05-29-07 12:25 PM
    05-29-07 12:52 PM
    Currently on my Tre650, I am using Snappermail for email (Multiple accounts) which I like for sorting email. In the BB 8830, do you have the option of sorting email by folders or by account? IE - are they seprated or all dumped into one large folder unsorted?
    06-08-07 10:26 AM
    bc871, all emails are in one folder, messages. They are sorted by date / time recevied...
    06-08-07 10:55 AM
    Currently on my Tre650, I am using Snappermail for email (Multiple accounts) which I like for sorting email. In the BB 8830, do you have the option of sorting email by folders or by account? IE - are they seprated or all dumped into one large folder unsorted?
    I am really missing that feature too...
    06-08-07 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD