Verizon 8830:

Recently realized that my calendar reminders weren't working (like if I set an appt, and set it to remind me 15 min before, it DOESN'T!!!) I double checked the calendar settings, and everything looks ok... Only change i've made to the calendar settings is not to delete messages.

The reminders for the same appointments are working on my outlook though, regardless of where i first enter the appointment.

Any help?? All is appreciated!

Jesse
    07-24-07 07:53 AM
    Heres the link for the software patch....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/2007...e-8800-a-2322/
    07-24-07 08:25 AM
    thanks for the quick response!! Didn't realize this was one of the calendar problems, so i was gonna pass on the patch (i wasn't having the double entry issues). Guess that's always a bad idea.

Thanks!

Jesse
    07-24-07 09:07 AM
    I downloaded the Blackberry 8830 calendar patch 3 hours ago, powered on/off my phone 2 times and my reminders still do not work. Any thoughts?
    09-12-07 01:44 PM
    I downloaded the Blackberry 8830 calendar patch 3 hours ago, powered on/off my phone 2 times and my reminders still do not work. Any thoughts?
    You will need to delete the CICAL service books from any email service you have set up through BIS. The trade off is that you cannot make invitations to people through those services, but your notifications will work. If you need help with this, feel free to search. I've seen it written up on these forums several times before in the 8830 section.
    09-12-07 02:38 PM
    I am having 5 emails configured in my Blackberry directly using the Email Settings of Black Berry... i assume thats what you are referring to BIS and I see CICAL entries for all of them... Do i have to delete everything which has CICAL? What are the tradeoff that i need to do to get the Calendar Alerts?
    09-12-07 07:50 PM
    You just have to delete the CICAL service books for those email addresses. The emails themselves will still work fine.
    09-13-07 12:28 PM
    Once you correctly apply the patch you should not have to delete the CICAL service books. Try a battery pull if you have not done so.
    09-13-07 04:04 PM
    Once you correctly apply the patch you should not have to delete the CICAL service books. Try a battery pull if you have not done so.
    While you are right, some users (myself included) still had to do this after the patch. I even performed a wipe, update to the latest OS on my set (with the latest OS having the patch included) and I still had the service book problem. It's not as widespread as before, but it still happens. You have no idea the joy of seeing a million alarms go off at once as soon as you delete the service books and sync your phone again
    09-13-07 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD