Has anyone had/heard of this problem:

I can charge my 8830 with the USB cord connected to my computer, but not with a wall charger. When I plug into the outlet (any outlet, I have tried many) the batt charge icon coms on momentarily but then goes out. I have tried my travel charger with a couple diff USB cords and I have tried two different other standard blackberry wall chargers... same thing. Only will stay connected for charging when plugged into the computer USB.

Thanks!
    06-04-08 09:06 AM
    So you have tried an official BB wall charger? And that did not work? Is it the one that came with your 8830? Mine works. I have found that some 3rd party chargers (non-BB) do NOT work. I suspect that they do not provide sufficient power and/or the BB and its official charger might do some "communcation" which 3rd party ones do not do.

The output specs (after pulling out my magnifying glass) are 5 v c.c, 0,5A. I don't know what the c.c after the Volts means.

Presume you live US - power.
    06-04-08 11:39 AM
    Yes indeed they were blackberry, one bb travel charger, one from my last bb, and one in the verizon store.. it's going back today.. oh well.
    06-04-08 11:43 AM
    I have already replaced my 8830 once because the wall charger did not work. The wall charger for the new 8830 I received (about six weeks ago) worked fine until today. The car charger worked fine with my previous BB and works fine with the new one (soon to be old one). Is thre wall charger problem a common complaint with the 8830?
    06-05-08 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD