I have a BB8830 VZW Unlocked back in March 0f 2008 and a newly purchased GOSIM SIM card and I am going to be traveling out of the US for two weeks beginning next week. I have installed the SIM from GOSIM and have attempted several times UNSUCESSFULLY to test to make sure that the phone works even with customer service of GOSIM. I am sure that the BB8830 is unlocked as if it wasn't I wouldn't see the SIM card # of the GOSIM card on BB8830 when installed.

I am wondering if there are any others out there who have experienced good or bad luck when purchasing one of these add in cards for their unlocked BB8830? Or if there are how was it all set up?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by sta1; 10-30-08 at 10:21 PM.
    10-30-08 10:18 PM
    You do realize that the 8830 does not have the US GSM Frequencies, correct?
    10-31-08 08:55 AM
    Also, keep im mind that you'll be able to make calls, but not use RIM DATA services while oversears with a GOSIM. Others have reported issues with BB Data support.
    10-31-08 09:56 AM
    Also, keep im mind that you'll be able to make calls, but not use RIM DATA services while oversears with a GOSIM. Others have reported issues with BB Data support.
    I am aware of the fact that when using the GOSIM card that i won't be able to utilize the data. I have added the $20.00 Global data capability to my phone so that when I want to use BB8830WE for either e-mail or internet then I can just put VZW/Vodaphone SIm back in and away I go. Figured that i'd cover both of my bases and also to allow me a couple of options.
    10-31-08 12:01 PM
    You do realize that the 8830 does not have the US GSM Frequencies, correct?
    I now know that I can not test BB with GOSIM card prior to traveling to Europe so i'll just have to keep fingers crossed that once in Europe and I insert card that all works....... We shall soon find out..... I'll be sure to report back at some point.
    10-31-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD