Gang-

If I put the bb in vibrate or speaker off mode in the profile app, it does just that for incoming calls & alerts. However, if I start playing a game in that mode, it makes sound.

Any ideas on how to silence everything?

Split

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 04:07 PM
    hey guys, not sure if I was as eloquent as possible. What I meant was:

is there a way to make the blackberry not MAKE any sounds, be they from a game, app, etc? I just got the BB (LOVE IT, used to have a treo 700p...no comparison at all), and I enjoy tinkering with it late at night in bed. However, the wife isn't as much of a fan of the beeps and blips she hears that late.

I want to find a way to make sure that regardless of what I do-test out a new game, app, go online--that none of these things make noise.

Help!!

split
    02-11-08 09:45 AM
    My advice would be to put it down. Sounds like you need more sleep anyway. HAHAHA
    02-12-08 02:54 PM
    Does the game have an option to turn off sounds? Also, is there an option for the game when you edit the profile settings?
    02-12-08 03:48 PM
    Sunkast is right! If there is no option in the 'game' to turn the sound off, then I suggest you put the device in 'quiet profile'...
    02-12-08 04:38 PM
    Sleep? Sleep?

Listen, I have a 2.5 year old, so I don't sleep anyhow! I might as well be having fun with my crackberry, right?

To answer some of the previous questions, no, the games don't have sound options. And regardless of what profile I use (quiet, vibrate, off), the game makes noise (pac man).

This seems REALLY odd that the BB isn't capable of silencing itself. Maybe there's a 3rd party app?

-split
    02-12-08 04:49 PM
    Ok, while playing the game, press the mute button.

What happens?
    02-12-08 05:09 PM
    I have this same problem, i want to be able to play pacman at work but it's classic sound is instantly recognizable.
    04-30-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD