I can navigate up to the point of "watch this video" then i get the error message:

The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL.

What can I do so that I can watch youtube's on my 8830?!
    02-26-08 03:28 AM
    I dont think BBs come with FLV installed. thefefore u cant watch youtube or any flash videos.
    02-26-08 03:35 AM
    Ain't gona happen..... not on a Blackberry. LOL
    02-26-08 09:12 AM
    I dont think BBs come with FLV installed. thefefore u cant watch youtube or any flash videos.
    Ain't gona happen..... not on a Blackberry. LOL
    Well, at least on an 8830. My 8130 can view youtube videos no problem.

-VDubb
    Last edited by VDubb; 03-04-08 at 09:21 PM.
    03-04-08 09:18 PM
    I have the same problem om my 8830.
    03-04-08 11:26 PM
    I can navigate up to the point of "watch this video" then i get the error message:

The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL.

What can I do so that I can watch youtube's on my 8830?!
    Have you tried Blueapple.mobi??
    03-05-08 12:10 AM
    Blueapple.mobi works great for me. Good selection and easy navigation. You can also download right to your memory card from the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 05:40 AM
    Blueapple.mobi works great for me. Good selection and easy navigation. You can also download right to your memory card from the site.

Thanks for the info on blueapple.mobi...I just assumed I would never be able to watch videos from the net on my 8830.
    03-05-08 07:36 AM
    The 8830 CAN play youtube videos, but not directly from youtube; only by going through other means first.

I go about it the long way, but it enables me to save the youtube videos to my laptop's hard drive, as well. Not sure if Blueapple.mobi can do this, but I would imagine if the video can be downloaded directly onto the media card, it can be copied onto the desktop from the media manager. Anyway, here's how I do it:

First, I go to the youtube video page that I want, and copy the URL
    Then, I go to keepvid.com, and paste the URL
    I tell it where to download (usually on my laptop's desktop)
    Then I open up the app Xilisoft G3 Video Converter 3 (given to me by some "friends"). It can convert MANY types of files
    I then convert the video into mp4 format, saving it to my desktop
    Finally, I drag the converted video (also saved to my desktop), into the video folder on my 8830's media card, through BB device manager's Roxio.

Blueapple.mobi does sound easier!
    03-05-08 07:58 AM
    03-05-08 08:49 AM
    The 8830 CAN play youtube videos, but not directly from youtube; only by going through other means first.

I go about it the long way, but it enables me to save the youtube videos to my laptop's hard drive, as well. Not sure if Blueapple.mobi can do this, but I would imagine if the video can be downloaded directly onto the media card, it can be copied onto the desktop from the media manager. Anyway, here's how I do it:

First, I go to the youtube video page that I want, and copy the URL
    Then, I go to keepvid.com, and paste the URL
    I tell it where to download (usually on my laptop's desktop)
    Then I open up the app Xilisoft G3 Video Converter 3 (given to me by some "friends"). It can convert MANY types of files
    I then convert the video into mp4 format, saving it to my desktop
    Finally, I drag the converted video (also saved to my desktop), into the video folder on my 8830's media card, through BB device manager's Roxio.

Blueapple.mobi does sound easier!
    Yes, that sounds like too much work! Stick to Blueapple.mobi.
    03-05-08 11:15 AM
    Yes, that sounds like too much work! Stick to Blueapple.mobi.
    Ya think?? lol

I was just thrilled that I was able to get youtube videos on my BB at all!
    03-05-08 01:15 PM
    Perhaps after the update - just not yet
    03-05-08 02:09 PM
    Is there any way to make the videos from Blueapple.mobi full screen? All I get is this picture the size of a dime even though my BB video viewer is set to full screen.
    03-10-08 08:30 PM
    Was wondering same thing abt picture size.

03-10-08 08:40 PM
    I am curious about this too... IS about the size of a quarter on my screen...
    03-11-08 03:42 AM
    I just tried the full-screen version of blueapple.mobi and it looks great!
    03-14-08 01:45 PM
    Update for blueapple.mobi users � we have just come out with our full-screen version!
    Do try it out and let us know what you think of it. Thank you for your support and feedback.
    03-14-08 03:23 PM
    I have a BB pearl 8100 and im trying to watch youtube video but i get the "protocol" message. Can anyone help please.
    05-12-08 08:01 AM
    hey guys i found a way to get vidz on the curve I went to Mywaves.com downloaded the launcher from them and under the search i typed in youtube and it ofcourse brought UP a lot of utooobe vidz it also has a lot of great music videos too but i need help getting it to full screen the lil box is killin me
    05-12-08 12:51 PM
    I can go to m.youtube.com. everything is fine until I try to view a video and it errors out.
    05-13-08 08:58 AM
    Try blueapple.mobi. You don't have to download any app or even sign up. The full screen version is pretty good quality.
    05-13-08 02:56 PM
    When I try to play a video in blueapple.mobi I get "HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large"...

I have a Sprint 8830
    05-14-08 10:34 AM
    yeah i still have that quarter size screen even when i klk on full screen
    05-22-08 01:05 PM
    When I try to play a video in blueapple.mobi I get "HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large"...

I have a Sprint 8830
    I have the same problem with my Verizon 8830. Anyone know a way to fix it?
    05-22-08 01:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD