When I connect my phone to my PC and open the Balckberry Desktop Manager, the Media Manager is greyed out so that I cannot access it. The BlackBerry Media Sync option is available, but that seems to have to do with iTunes.

Any idea why I cannot access the Media Manager? Is there another way to copy a file to my 8830?

Phone: 8830
    Desktop Mgr v4.7.0.32
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    01-14-09 08:47 AM
    I just use Windows' Explorer to open the "hard disk" represented by the SD card in my BB. I use Drag/drop pulling items from my computer to the BB's SD card. Another way would be to have a card reader on your computer, place the SD card (probably in a size adapter) in the reader and copy that way - it is quite fast although I really don't prefer opening my otterbox encased 8830 and dealing with that tiny card more than I have to.
    01-14-09 08:58 AM
    I do not have an SD Card in my BB yet. Is one required to add files? I figured the device itself had a little bit of space
    01-14-09 10:18 AM
    It does but you don't want to waste device memory for mp3s/pics and other media.
    01-14-09 10:19 AM
    You should get a media card. The device does not have much memory for media.
    01-14-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD