Love my BB 8830WE, just got it but VERY confused. Great phone, great email, great calendar and address book ON THE DEVICE. After wrestling with the destop manager and getting that to work, I still don't have my calendar and address book and so forth on my desktop? What gives? I was expecting to have the software load my calendar..etc like Palm did and I'd just sync them. Not sure what to configure. I have WindowsXP. Please help, been at this hours and just found this site. By the way the TREO was a piece of **i*.
    02-21-08 08:10 PM
    Use the Desktop Manager and you can sync your address book and calendar with Outlook. Is that what you're looking for?
    02-21-08 08:15 PM
    you can set it to sync with outlook,heres how
    1- connect phone to PC
    2- open the DM program
    3- click synchronize
    4- click on configuration tab
    5- click configure synchronization settings
    6-click on each checkbox, and set 2 way sync with outlook.

Hope this helps you!!
    02-21-08 08:16 PM
    Yeah, you gotta sync with outlook. Go buy outlook, sync your palm with it, and then sync your BlackBerry with outlook. You'll need to install the outlook sync software from the palm desktop CD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 08:21 PM
    Oooohhh. I thought BB came with a proprietary software like Palm does. I don't have Outlook as an option on this laptop, Yahoo is the only thing that pops up in the configuration screen that will allow me to go forward. Do you recommend I buy a software package for this like Lotus Notes?? This is getting to be more work than I intended, but I have about 500 contacts and appointments I'd like to eventually get into this thing.
    02-21-08 08:22 PM
    What else can it sync with? I hate Outlook. I too used PALM DESKTOP.
    02-28-08 05:54 PM
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. The BB Desktop Manager has an option to import my Palm contacts and the process starts but them locks up. I've tried deleting older records and that doesn't help. I've never used or sync'd with Outlook and not particularly interested in doing so now.

Is there any other reasonably straight forward way to get my Palm contacts to my BB?
    03-01-08 07:49 AM
    How can you sync to Yahoo or Google rather than Outlook??
    Last edited by Marc320; 03-02-08 at 12:57 PM.
    03-02-08 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD