Hello all, I'm new to the fine points of the 8830. I have PocketMac for BB but can't figure out how to transfer photos from my Mac to the device. I notice the Desktop Manager appears to apply to PCs only. Your help is appreciated.
    06-27-08 06:05 AM
    You don't have to use PocketMac to transfer picture, mp3, etc.
    Connect your BB and turn on mass storage mode.
    Use finder, browse though your folders where pictures are and simply move them to your "blackberry-pictures" folder on the BB.
    That should do the job.

PS: I don't have a Mac but should work the same as on PC when using mass storage mode and windows explorer.
    06-27-08 06:10 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Mac User here as well... you cannot use PocketMac to transfer pics to your device. Check out the Mac Users section of the forum... as I just answered a similar question yesterday.

You can purchases The Missing Sync for BlackBerry which will sync music and photos to your device.

If you have a microSD card, which I hope you do if you are transferring photos, then you can turn on Mass Storage and drag and drop pics into the correct folder!!

Menu / Options / Media Card / Mass Storage / Prompt
    06-27-08 07:49 AM
    Agreed, another MAC user here, you can't use pocketmac, I had pocketmac but really not impressed with it, you can as mentioned drag and drop photo's in correct folder once blackberry is plugged into MAC but I would pay for missing sync, I have had it a while now and its flawless IMO. You can transfer itunes playlists and photo albums.........very highly recommended
    06-27-08 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD