Every now and then my trackball doesn't work right. It will scroll up, down, and left; but it will not scroll right. The ball, itself, is moving fine. But its as if its not making a "connection" when I scroll to the right. Usually when it happens, I can play with it for a while and it will start working. Then after a few days, it does it again. Is there anything I can do to fix it without doing an insurance claim? I have tried cleaning the trackball, but like I said, the trackball is moving fine. Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 01:15 PM
    I've found that scrolling it while having it pushed in usually helps mine. May be toast tho...

You can get new track ball assemblies at:
    8830 - Acer, BlackBerry, Dopod/O2, HTC, SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, Nokia, Samsung, Pan

It's a do-able replacement.
    07-23-08 01:28 PM
    Try cleaning it with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcolhol. Just a dab. Also, you can disassemble it, pull it out, and clean out any dust or lint that may be under there.
    07-23-08 01:32 PM
    I had the same problem....I had to call my service provider and they replaced it right away.
    07-23-08 03:24 PM
    Thanks all. I'm gonna try one more attempt at cleaning. If it doesn't work again, I guess I'll try to replace it.

07-23-08 03:45 PM
    Can someone explain hot to take it out and clean?

07-23-08 04:36 PM
    You have to carefully pop the silver ring out, then the rest is a snap. Just be VERY careful - the parts inside are delicate and can break easily.
    07-23-08 04:43 PM
    I'd try taking it out and cleaning like stated above. Q-tip and alcohol.
    Scary scary though.
    Good luck! And let us know how it went.
    =8')

07-23-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD