Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone else experiances this problem and has a solution.
    Myself (8830we) AND my father (BB Pearl) both suffer from our track ball not always lighting up. Sometimes the phone will come out of hibernate and it is light, other times it wont be.

This is really annoying as i've only had the phone for about 2 months. I'm guessing its a software problem since it doesn't seem as if the LED has a lose connection or something (on both phones).

Any insight?

I'm on OS v4.2.2.176, not sure about my dad's phone.
    Thanks!
    04-16-08 05:51 PM
    The track ball and the keyboard only light up if the light sensor picks up that it is dark. Try putting your hand over the top of the unit and see if the tb lights up then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 05:56 PM
    The light sensor is in the same spot at the Red LED. You can turn off the light sensor under Options/Screen and Keyboard.
    04-16-08 07:14 PM
    I know that but the keyboard lights up and the trackball does not.
    So everything lights up as normal but the trackball leaves a dark spot in the middle of my phone ><
    04-17-08 09:58 AM
    My keyboard/trackball were not lighting up either. Last night I covered the top and.... amazingly they went on.....BUT.....today when I try the same, nothing lights up???

I went to options screen/keyboard but only see a setting for the LCD, which I have set to on and have also set auto dim to OFF, but screen still seems to dim and change in different lighting

Any help/feedback would be so appreciated.
    Last edited by gregmar; 06-08-08 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo and information change
    06-08-08 01:24 PM
    Turning off Auto Dim does nothing. You need to turn off Light Sensor.
    06-08-08 01:32 PM
    Turning off Auto Dim does nothing. You need to turn off Light Sensor.
    Thank you.....may I ask, where do you find the settings for the light sensor?
    06-08-08 03:01 PM
    I was having the same problems with my trackball. I'm glad now I know my brand new phone wasn't broken. Thanks for the info
    06-08-08 07:20 PM
    I am not seeing anything under screen/keyboard to turn off the light sensor. In only have options for automatically dim backlight and LED Coverage Indicator. I have an 8320, anyone have any idea?
    08-18-08 04:41 PM
    I was going to post the same thing today. I upgraded to 4.5 and my 8830 started doing that. I'm not seeing anything for a light sensor either. I also would like to shut that off. i prefer having the trackball and keyboard lit up.
    08-18-08 07:39 PM
    where do you go under screen/keyboard?
    08-18-08 08:00 PM
    Im facing a similar problem with my new bold 9900. I'm not seeing anything for turning off a light sensor either. I also would like to shut that off as it gets very irritating when the light goes off by itself in a bright environment.
    08-15-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD