My trackball now does not respond when trying to move down. Side to side and up are OK, just not down. Do I need to clean it? In the short term, are there keyboard shortcuts that can at least alllow me to move around? I have an 8830 World Edition. Any help is appreciated!
    01-09-09 11:02 AM
    My trackball now does not respond when trying to move down. Side to side and up are OK, just not down. Do I need to clean it? In the short term, are there keyboard shortcuts that can at least alllow me to move around? I have an 8830 World Edition. Any help is appreciated!
    b for bottom.
    01-09-09 11:09 AM
    01-09-09 12:17 PM
    If you have a can of compressed air, give the area around the trackball a couple of targeted blasts. If you don't have any compressed air, go out and buy a can, either at a camera or electronics store. It's handy for cleaning computer keyboards, too.
    01-09-09 04:32 PM
    My trackball wouldn't roll up. I cleaned it last weekend using the procedure Patrickwc. If the link doesn't work (for some reason it didn't for me just now) you can find the procedure in the How To and FAQ Forum.
    01-09-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD