is there a setting to keep threaded text messages in one? I see the history when i open and reply to a text, but when i get another text from that person it creates a new one and also shows the history.

BTW: this site has really got me hooked on my 8830.
    07-06-07 06:01 PM
    is there a setting to keep threaded text messages in one? I see the history when i open and reply to a text, but when i get another text from that person it creates a new one and also shows the history.
    Sorry, no. Blackberries just don't keep SMS messages the same way that other phones do. The last SMS in a thread always shows the entire thread, but you will also see all of the subsequent ones. It is kind of annoying.
    07-06-07 07:24 PM
    Yeah, it's based on the person you're txting with. Think of it as more of a history of txts send/received from that perticular person. I kinda like it a little... I don't have to dig through the entire list to find all the txts from a perticular person. They are in cronological order anyway.
    07-06-07 07:27 PM
    Yeah, it's based on the person you're txting with. Think of it as more of a history of txts send/received from that perticular person. I kinda like it a little... I don't have to dig through the entire list to find all the txts from a perticular person. They are in cronological order anyway.
    Is there a way to turn the history off. Meaning. When I am having a private conversation via SMS, I only want to be able to see the most recent sms statement and not the entire conversation. Is this possible on Curve?

Newbie converting from Motorola Q, thanks!
    06-16-08 10:23 AM
    Is there a way to turn the history off. Meaning. When I am having a private conversation via SMS, I only want to be able to see the most recent sms statement and not the entire conversation. Is this possible on Curve?

Newbie converting from Motorola Q, thanks!
    Go to Option > SMS Text > Highlight "Number of previous Items" and change the number to "0" > Menu Button > Save

And your done.
    06-16-08 10:44 AM
    Go to Option > SMS Text > Highlight "Number of previous Items" and change the number to "0" > Menu Button > Save

And your done.
    Will this still show the thread history in the current text or does it not keep the history?

Sorry, like the original poster, I came from a Windows Mobile phone, and that was one feature that I really enjoyed. The threaded texting helped keep things cleaner.

Thanks!
    06-07-09 04:53 PM
    No it won't show or keep the history of the conversation. You have to change it to higher than zero...
    06-07-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD