change the color of the trackball on the 8830 WE? i know you can do it on the pearl and the curve i believe. just didnt know if you can on these.
    07-27-08 05:49 PM
    No. It is not a feature of the 8830.
    07-27-08 05:50 PM
    I actually think this is only a Pearl feature.
    07-27-08 05:51 PM
    Only the 8100 has the multicolor led underneath. You can physical color the LEDs with a sharpie but other than that it won't work, the hardware simple doesn't support it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 05:51 PM
    Sure you can change the color of it. But it entails removing the trackball and coloring the LED light inside your BB. Check out this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    07-27-08 05:53 PM
    coloring the led seems to fade fast. I read about using taple so I took scotch tape, colored the inside blue with a sharpie and then folded the sticky side togeather. then I cut a very thin strip about an eighth in by one quarter or so and laid it on the led put the trackball over it. with the 8830 I just used my fingernal to pop out the siver piece around the track ball. then just turn the 8830 upside down with your hand under it and the trackball just drops out. Make sure that when you put the trackball back ( it fits in and lay flat like a cross with the top and bottom North and South ) the silver trim has three notches on it lay it on the trackball with the middle notch to the bottom and gently ingage. It snaps right in. You need to be gental but I have had mine out 2 or 3 times. If you ever want to change the track ball you just remove it again and color another piece of tape. So far it is working fine with no problems. It is a very nice shade and you can make it darker with more apps of the sharpie. Remember not to do this if you are uncomfortable with it. It is quiet easy with the 8830. Although I always sweat a little. Good luck.
    07-27-08 06:41 PM
    Follow those steps and you will be golden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 06:47 PM
    It'd be way better if it had the lights
    07-27-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD