I am looking to make the switch from BBSmart email to Empower Pro..

Do I need to uninstall BBSmart first or do anything else prior to installing Empower Pro?

Pro and con between the two email programs?

Thanks

and yes, I did check the Empower site though could not locate the answer, emailed as well though no reply.
    01-17-08 11:05 AM
    I switched as well (although I ended up switching back) and I removed BBsmart first just to be safe.
    01-17-08 11:18 AM
    I switched as well (although I ended up switching back) and I removed BBsmart first just to be safe.

Why did you switch back to BBSmart? Pros and cons of each?
    01-17-08 11:56 AM
    I just liked the feel of BBsmart better. The options were easier to setup and more simplified. I guess it was mostly because I had used it a while before Empower so I was more used to it. Empower is great, don't get me wrong, but I would try out the trial and see what you think about it - don't base your own opinion off others.
    01-17-08 01:07 PM
    If you are considering Empower, don't forget to install the latest trial version of Empower Pro 3.0. It is considerably quicker than the older version, and has more integration. A large difference between Empower and BBSmart was always the price. Not sure how much the new Empower is, because I was able to upgrade for $5. I have used Empowerfor months now and I'm very happy with it; especially their recent upgraded version. Take them both (BBSmart and Empower Pro) for a trial run, and draw your own conclusions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-08 11:13 AM
    I have both installed, but installed BBS first. Now that Empower is installed how doI switch over so I can try it out?
    Thanks!
    Tonya
    01-19-08 11:46 AM
    You need to uninstall one before installing the ohter... To use just open the Mail, Messenger on the BB
    01-19-08 11:57 AM
    Thanks, I did just that....Empower does seem much faster than BBsmart.
    Tonya
    01-19-08 02:27 PM
    Acutally you can have both installed on the BB at the same time, you just need to have one or the other disabled, so only one is running to catch your email as you open it.
    01-19-08 03:44 PM
    Thanks, for future use...how do you disable the software?
    Thanks in advance,
    01-19-08 04:07 PM
    Thanks, for future use...how do you disable the software?
    Thanks in advance,
    I would say permissions? not sure but interested to find out a true answer....
    01-19-08 05:41 PM
    The way you have both on is that in BBsmart options either check if you want it to be your default or not, if not, then uncheck it and then empower will take over.
    01-24-08 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD