I am still having background noise issues, even after the latest update (released 11-19-07). I am way past the 30 day mark (closer to 6 months!), but Verizon send me a replacement phone albeit a refurb. The refurb, although newer than my original 8830 according to the ESN, had even WORSE background noise than the first. After a call to Verizon, they agreed to send out one more refurb before they issue me a brand new phone. Is anyone else out there still having trouble with the loud background noise on the 8830?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 05:27 PM
    Join the club.
    12-13-07 07:49 PM
    Well, if nothing else, I still get a brand new phone. Mine was getting a bit scratched despite being in this nice Vaja case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 08:26 PM
    Yep, Its still a POS. I have to make sure there are no noises where I make my calls from a $500 phone. Nice stuff RIM.
    12-13-07 09:40 PM
    I got a replacement phone from Alltel, and i don't get as many complaints about the noise. It's mainly from my father so i am thinking that it might be his phone. My girlfriend also got a replacement phone and when i talk to her now, the noise is still there by no where near as bad.
    12-17-07 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD