Hey all, i'm a technician for Sprint and I've been looking at the Pearl. (i currently have the 8830). Other than the 2 megapixel camera, the only thing making me jealous is the compatibility with sprint content such as Sprint TV, Sprint Music Store, On Demand, and Sprint Navigator (which is a gps service using Telenav's software). I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how to get these apps to my 8830????? Blackberry needs a file manager on it!!
    11-25-07 07:19 PM
    Naww those features are something thats embedded into the file system for the 4.3 OS, you could try playing around with some of the .cod/.alx files but not really recommended as this could damage the device and some are most def incompatible, but if I was a Sprint Tech, I would be asking for a new pearl if I wanted those features so bad lol.
    11-25-07 07:27 PM
    Well part of being a tech is figuring out how to underhandedly aquire content to show off to all the other teckies how much cooler you are than them! (my trackball glows a distinct blue color). Showed a guy the other day how to put the HTC Touch's 'touchflow' technology onto his Mogul. Now he proudly prances around the store. We have to keep ourselves entertained somehow.

About switching to the pearl, while the the upsides are nice as far as its multimedia features, the downsides of its half-qwerty keyboard to me outweigh them. Plus the cheesy pouch it comes with is a joke. It'll do nicely for someone transitioning to a PDA from a normal T9 texting phone, but for the full-qwerty PDA users, its kind of a pain at first. Plus the lack of GSM technology is a downer if you're a traveler. Just depends on what your needs are.
    11-25-07 10:28 PM
    I actually prefer the non-qwerty keyboard with the SureType technology. I can type a helluva lot faster on that keyboard than I can with the full keyboard.
    11-25-07 11:13 PM
    it IS amazingly accurate, i'll give you that. I'm pretty impressed. Too bad its not global!
    11-25-07 11:36 PM
    Yea, but I don't even have a passport, so I'm not worried about going global
    11-25-07 11:40 PM
    STLKeeper -

I have a Sprint 8830 and I am able to access Sprint Navigation and On Demand. I use the OnDemand along with Viigo for all my news updates. I did get the "new" data plan that became available on 11/4 but these 2 features work fine for me. I think the plan is called Blackberry Power Vision Plan or something close to that.
    11-27-07 12:53 PM
    Sprint TV and Sprint Music store will be available on the Blackberry 8830 1st quarter 2008
    11-27-07 01:57 PM
    Sprint TV and Sprint Music store will be available on the Blackberry 8830 1st quarter 2008
    Will this be through an OS update or only on new hardware?
    11-28-07 09:13 AM
    I've got the new plan. How do you get the On Demand onto your blackberry ? (newbie)
    11-28-07 11:35 AM
    It should be under "Useful Links" on the homepage of the web browser.
    11-29-07 02:23 PM
    It should be under "Useful Links" on the homepage of the web browser.
    Would that be the homepage that google took over? Oops.
    11-29-07 04:00 PM
    That is correct, yes.
    11-29-07 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD