Hi Everyone,

I've stalked this site some but recently became a Sprint 8830 switching from a Treo and a Windows smart phone. My question was, I have the SERO plan with sprint that includes unlimited data and recently got the 8830. I just switched my account to the 8830 but don't have a BB plan. I read that this was okay? That I could download the Opera Mini browser (specified for the 8800) on my PC, then install it through the desktop manager? I tried this but get a connection failure for both version 3 and the 4 beta. I also tried downloading Google Maps with GPS (also specified for the 8800), but that seems to hang on the startup screen where there's a bar increase across the top but gets stuck on '4'.

Tech support says I need to add the $40/month Blackberry plan, is that true? Am I'm just messing up on installation?

This phone is sexy...I want to keep it!
    10-30-07 11:12 AM
    I am currently on the BB plan with Sprint/Nextel and was not successful with Opera. I tried using it, but it constantly freezes up on me so I just decided to use the browser the phone came with. I'm currently on the Fair & Flexible plan, but I am thinking about switching over to the Sero plan when my contract is up. I want to keep the same number so I suppose I have to talk to a Sprint rep to see if that's even possible.
    10-30-07 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD