I have a personal Sprint Instinct phone. I just got a Verizon 8830 from work and have tried to pair the two so I can transfer my contacts from my Instinct to the 8830. However, I have only been able to transfer contacts from the 8830 to the Instinct BUT not the other way around. I had the idea that Bluetooth was Bluetooth so no incompatibility problems should ensue, but this has disabused me of that notion. I have paired and unpaired the two several times and still the same result for transferring from the Instinct to the 8830: transfer failed.

Anyone have any ideas on how to address this? Each time I go from one phone to another I always end up having to type in my contacts list into my new phone. It is always something!

Appreciate any help from the community.
    01-29-09 01:46 PM
    I have a personal Sprint Instinct phone. I just got a Verizon 8830 from work and have tried to pair the two so I can transfer my contacts from my Instinct to the 8830. However, I have only been able to transfer contacts from the 8830 to the Instinct BUT not the other way around. I had the idea that Bluetooth was Bluetooth so no incompatibility problems should ensue, but this has disabused me of that notion. I have paired and unpaired the two several times and still the same result for transferring from the Instinct to the 8830: transfer failed.

Anyone have any ideas on how to address this? Each time I go from one phone to another I always end up having to type in my contacts list into my new phone. It is always something!

Appreciate any help from the community.
    I've never had success using BT to transfer contacts to/from my 8830 to non-blackberry smartphones. The Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager may be able to help you. I haven't used it. I sync all my contacts to Outlook. When I change devices, Outlook just syncs to the new device and everything is there.
    01-29-09 01:54 PM
    Last night I had success pairing an Instinct and 8830.
    Initiated the connection from the 8830 to the Instinct.
    To add the 8830 to trusted devices I had to enter the default pin.

All I can recommend is that you have the software update of at least 3 of 4 for the Instinct before trying it, I am unsure about the software/os/firmware of the 8830 however that was used. Contacts were successful both ways except for the individual with 8830 freaked when it was sending his entire contact list so he pulled the battery out. Aside from the phone having obvious hardware issues importing the contacts in such a rapid quantity everything went well.

Completely unrelated, however, there was a Massive Headache.
    02-18-09 04:27 AM
    I finally tried the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager with no success. I loaded the Instinct software and drivers on the computer. The Wizard did not recognize that my Instinct was connected to the computer so it would not proceed with the transfer process.

Back to the drawing board. Thanks.
    02-26-09 02:20 PM
    transferred all my contacts from 8330 to Instinct via Bluetooth with no problems.
    07-15-09 09:48 AM
    Take both phones to your local sprint store. They can transfer your contacts for you.
    07-16-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD