I have a Blackberry 8830 from the sprint network and want to unlock it to use *ALL* of the features on the O2 network in the UK, specifically blackberry email.

I have service with the O2 network and can already make voice calls with the phone, but can't register on the O2 Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) as it tells me that the "Device PIN" is already registered with another carrier (ie sprint). I have had my BIS account with sprint deleted.

If anyone has had success in unlocking their Sprint 8830 phone and reregistering with another BIS, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    09-26-08 02:43 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8830 from the sprint network and want to unlock it to use *ALL* of the features on the O2 network in the UK, specifically blackberry email.

I have service with the O2 network and can already make voice calls with the phone, but can't register on the O2 Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) as it tells me that the "Device PIN" is already registered with another carrier (ie sprint). I have had my BIS account with sprint deleted.

If anyone has had success in unlocking their Sprint 8830 phone and reregistering with another BIS, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    To the best of my knowledge, unlocking a phone has nothing to do with BIS. In order to register you device, call the carrier and have them reset it from their end. Once thats done, you should be able to register on BIS.

As far as unlocking, Sprint phones cannot be unlocked.
    09-26-08 02:47 PM
    Sprint 8830 WE is UNLOCKED ALREADY but only outside of USA.
    You don't need to do any special procedure to unlock. As you also
    see this applies to phone only. What people normally do is to
    call sprint before visiting UK and turn on the world service. then
    you can receive your e-mails when you have to Sprint SIM in the
    phone. So, tedious method is to swap SIMs back and forth.
    09-26-08 05:57 PM
    Thanks ScandaLeX, I will ask for a reset and see how that goes.
    Have you successful reregistered a BB with another BIS?
    09-27-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD