How will we know when there is a new software updated? Will it be pushed on the phone or will we have to do it manually?
    08-01-07 09:49 AM
    I'm sure something will be posted on the carriers website, and of course, we'll have it here...
    08-01-07 09:54 AM
    Okay, great! They don't automatically go to the phone though?
    08-01-07 09:55 AM
    Some MAY, but I've only ever seen one, from TeleNav; slightly different...
    08-01-07 09:56 AM
    If you are one of the Verizon customers, like me, whose phone number does not validate with the Verizon download center you can not download the software anyway. I have to call their customer non-support (CNS) and get a different number to use.

In addition, each number can only be used a finite number of times. When I first got my 8830 and had the download issue I was given a number by CNS to use. It worked one time. I went back to the site and attempted to download another piece of software and I was informed in large, bold red letters that the download allowance for that number had been exceeded. I had to call again and get another number to use.

Of course, Verizon CNS has been promising me since day one (it has been 77 days now) that the issue will be corrected immediately.
    08-01-07 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD