I've only had my device for a week but have noticed that SMS messages can take up to 90 minutes (after being sent) to arrive on my phone if they arrive at all.

I have looked through the phone settings but have not found any obvious clues. I've been thinking that maybe my old phone (Samsung global phone) didn't get unregistered properly. Could this be it?

So in short, how do I fix this? I'm currently with Verizon and do have a GSM chip installed.

Many thanks in advance.
    10-17-08 11:14 AM
    Are you using the 8830 with a SIM card outside the US? That would be the only reason the GSM mode would come into play. I don't know how that would affect SMS.

If you're using the 8830 in the US, you're in CDMA mode and SMS should arrive in seconds, unless you're in an area with poor coverage. How many bars of signal do you have?

One step you could take is to re-register your Host Routing Table: Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now

Another step would be to re-send your service books. The Email Setup Wizard has the capability to resend the service books. You can also do that from the Verizon web site, as described here: Deleting and generating new desktop service books via USB cable - BlackBerry 8830
    10-17-08 11:42 AM
    I'm using it in the US and usually get 3 or 4 bars.

I've tried the routing table step and will try the other method.

Thanks for your help.
    10-17-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD