This is my first time on this forum. I have an 8830 on VZW and running OS 4.2.?. The GPS is working on Google Maps. If I upgrade to the OS 4.5 do I understand that Verizon blocks the GPS to all apps except its own map service? I use my EVDO feature tethered to my PC to control my Sling Box HD Pro. It works great. If I want to watch it on the 8830 it sounds like I need to upgrade to the os 4.5. I appreciate any comments!
    03-18-09 04:14 PM
    ^^^ Your GPS doesn't work on Google Maps, I guarantee you that.

Also, the current Slingbox Blackberry client DOES NOT work with the HD Pro.
    03-18-09 04:32 PM
    I just had to replace my 8830 with a new one, I downloaded the sling media file from the first post and it loaded. Once it tries to connect it resets the phone.
    Has anyone figured out what to do about this? When it first starts to load it also tells me there is a newer version of slingmedia and ask me if I would like to download now. When I try to do the upgrade it opens the browser and it starts to go to a sprint page but wont go any further.
    04-26-09 12:32 AM
    I have os 132 on verizon storm and I download this and is working Great.
    04-26-09 02:59 PM
    Hello my friends. I'm facing a little difficulty here with my VZW 8830. I followed all of the instructions (thanks to all for sharing). I used desktop manager 4.6 to load OS. I followed link from post on blackberry. Application installed successfully, but when I try to connect, I get the error stated above. I've changed my settings from WiFi preferred to both Mobile and Mobile preferred with no luck. Also did a battery pull. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    07-06-09 02:08 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD