Hi, I just got home from school and noticed my Curve was here. Now, I'm trying to put the SIM card in the slot, but it doesn't want to lock. Now I hear a click when I push down on it, and it seems fine, but when I put a little pressure ontop of it, it popped back up, is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks.

- noob
    08-28-08 09:26 PM
    Slide the metal plate down (look for the arrows etched on it) to lock it in place. Also, posting in the appropriate forum helps too.
    08-28-08 09:36 PM
    i noticed watching customers that sometime they try to put the sim card into the bracket then lock the SIM in and that makes it kind of hard to get it in flush.... what i do is lay the SIM card in the slot then lock down the bracket...if it gets bent up dont freak out, it can be bent back into shape if need be....
    08-28-08 09:36 PM
    i noticed watching customers that sometime they try to put the sim card into the bracket then lock the SIM in and that makes it kind of hard to get it in flush.... what i do is lay the SIM card in the slot then lock down the bracket...if it gets bent up dont freak out, it can be bent back into shape if need be....
    I just put it in there and pushed down til it wouldn't come up (no force), then just put the battery over it and it seems fine. Thanks.

Slide the metal plate down (look for the arrows etched on it) to lock it in place. Also, posting in the appropriate forum helps too.
    The metal part would slide down when it was over the SIM card. Sorry for not posting in the appropriate forum.
    08-28-08 09:41 PM
    Is it anything like media card slots where you have to insert the card into the metal clip and then close it?
    08-28-08 11:25 PM
    Be very careful with those doors. My memory card door broke off. I have a piece of paper pushing it down, then the battery on top of it. If my Curve gets bumped (not dropped) the memory card slips out.
    08-29-08 12:21 AM
    Be very careful with those doors. My memory card door broke off. I have a piece of paper pushing it down, then the battery on top of it. If my Curve gets bumped (not dropped) the memory card slips out.
    Is it anything like media card slots where you have to insert the card into the metal clip and then close it?
    We're not talking about memory card slots. And the SIM slot is not like the memory one. You lay the SIM in the slot, then cover and slide the bracket in place. It's not like the memory bracket.
    08-29-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD