new bb user (8830) here. i would like to change the bb signature in my email but can't seem to do it. i finally found some brief instructions on my bb telling me you have to use the browser but i'm still unable to figure out where i need to go from there to be able to change my signature. thanks for any help!
    08-27-07 01:06 PM
    This has been covered a bunch. I think there may have even been a thread on this within the past day or two. Try a search for signature and you will find this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/how...-message-3762/
    08-27-07 01:31 PM
    Tried logging onto BIS...no good. Tells me to use my 8830.

I try through Setup Wizard...no good. Can't edit the signature line.

I'm on a Mac, so can't use Desktop Manager.

Any suggestions?
    10-08-07 05:42 PM
    Open the Messages folder.
    Hit the menu key
    select Options
    select Email Settings
    There you can see and edit the email signature.
    10-08-07 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the assistance, Sniperet. but it's not working.

Open Messages...check.
    Select Options...check.
    Select Email Settings...check.
    Edit Signature...not there.

Hmmm...very interesting...

I've got a Verizon 8830, version 4.2.2.148. Am I missing something?
    10-08-07 06:49 PM
    Tried logging onto BIS...no good. Tells me to use my 8830.
    Are you using this link? https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    10-08-07 09:09 PM
    Yes, and I just figured out why it wasn't working. Sorry to trouble you out there. I'm a newbie to BB and I hadn't set up my BIS via my 8830. When I did, the BIS log-in was successful. Thanks for your patience everyone!
    10-08-07 09:49 PM
    Yes, and I just figured out why it wasn't working. Sorry to trouble you out there. I'm a newbie to BB and I hadn't set up my BIS via my 8830. When I did, the BIS log-in was successful. Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Glad you were able to solve it.
    10-08-07 10:00 PM
    It took me forever to solve this myself.....

You can't log on to the BIS from the device (which is what I was doing), you have to do it from the computer in order to change the signature.
    Last edited by JumpmasterRT; 04-06-09 at 11:58 PM.
    04-06-09 11:50 PM
    I cannot edit my signature on the device and I do not know how or where to log in to my BIS interface. Anyone have any ideas?
    06-24-09 10:30 AM
    I cannot edit my signature on the device and I do not know how or where to log in to my BIS interface. Anyone have any ideas?
    Visit your Carrier's BIS Website. For me its:

BlackBerry Internet Service

You should be able to find it if you google for it!
    06-24-09 11:16 AM
    The following link has a list of the most common carrier BIS web sites. If you don't find your carrier in the list, then you'll have to go directly to their website and search there.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Account Setup
    06-24-09 11:24 AM
    Greetings. I have added/changed the signature to the desktop manager, but when I send emails out it still has the default "Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel" message. What gives? Did I miss a crucial step?
    thanx
    g u s
    06-30-09 12:31 PM
    Greetings. I have added/changed the signature to the desktop manager, but when I send emails out it still has the default "Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel" message. What gives? Did I miss a crucial step?
    thanx
    g u s
    I honestly don't know what you mean by changing the signature in the desktop manager. I don't see any options for doing this through the desktop manager (I am using version 4.6).

To alter the signature on your emails from your BB, go to the link in my previous post, and select the Alltel link. Enter your username and password for this BIS site, and you'll see your email accounts that are added to your BB. Select the edit button next to the email account you want to edit, and then you will see boxes for things like your name, username, and the signature. Edit the signature to how you want it, and hit save. You should get a message that the changes are saved, and you should be good to go.

One other thing to consider is that my changes are only saved if I use Internet Explorer, not Firefox. I get an error if I try to do this using Firefox.
    06-30-09 01:15 PM
    I am running desktop manager 4.2.2.12. I click "Email Settings", under the tab "General" it has a box called Auto Signature. It previously had the Alltel signature, but I changed it to what I wanted. It shows in the box under the heading "Automatically include your signature on outgoing messages".

I am receiving my work and my Yahoo email now, I will not screw anything up by making these changes on the BB website will I?

thanx for the help!
    g u s

BTW, the website thing worked. Thanx again.
    Last edited by gusmyster; 06-30-09 at 01:41 PM.
    06-30-09 01:33 PM
    Glad it worked, but I want to clarify some things with you.

First, the 4.2.2.12 is the operating system you are running on your BB. It is not the desktop manager. The desktop manager runs on your desktop, and it will be a version such as 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, etc. This is used to backup your device, sync calendar and contacts with your program on your computer (typically something like Outlook), and you can use it to transfer files between your computer and the BB.

Second, the 4.2.2.12 operating system on your BB is extremely old. I recommend that you upgrade your system to one of the official 4.5 releases. You can find this by looking at the thread that is stickied at the top of this forum.

Finally, as you found out, making changes on the website will not screw up the BB.

Good luck, and enjoy.
    06-30-09 02:04 PM
    When I check my phone "options" "about" my version is 4.5.0.138. When i open my desktop manager (on my computer desktop ), click "Help" "About Desktop Manager..." it says Version 4.2.2.12. Should they be the same?
    06-30-09 02:32 PM
    ok so Eddie was a mite wrong. You have an older version of Desktop Manager, and your BB OS version is up to date. DM and BB OS don't have to be the same, in fact sometimes they can't (i.e. I have DM 4.6 and there's no 4.6 BB OS available for my Pearl). If the version of DM is working for you, leave it alone. If not you can go to blackberry.com and upgrade it. 4.6 without Media Manager works nicely.
    06-30-09 02:51 PM
    Thanx, but you scared me with the Media Manager comment. I'll stick to the one I have as everything seems to be working and what I don't know won't hurt me. Have a good one.
    g u s
    06-30-09 03:20 PM
    LOL no need to be scared, it's just that Media Manager takes up a lot of space and doesn't work all that well. As I said, if 4.2 is working fine for you, no worries.
    06-30-09 03:53 PM
    You talking the MM on the Desktop Manager and not the one on the phone correct? What do you use if you don't use that?
    06-30-09 04:14 PM
    Yes, media manager via Desktop Mgr on your PC. Make sure you have a media card in your blackberry. If you plug your blackberry into your PC, you should get a pop-up on your blackberry asking if you want to enable mass storage mode. Click yes and it will create a drive on your PC. You can drag and drop music, pix, etc right there. Much easier than the bloated Media Mgr...
    07-01-09 07:36 AM
    Does the Media Mgr also take up room on the BB (I have my media files on a card)? I notice, even after a battery pull, I have less than 10mb free, if I'm checking it right. "Options" "Status" "File Free".
    07-01-09 07:58 AM
    Go into your email settings select the email address you want to change the signature for and save it. Simple and easy as that!
    06-17-10 04:10 PM
    I've figured it out! Go to:

click on Menu
    click on The little "setup" folder with the green gear on it
    click on "Email Settings"
    Select the email account that you want the change or remove the signature from.

A dropdown window will appear after you click on your email account. Click on "Edit"

Scroll down until you see the "Signature" box.

Erase whatever is in the box and write your own or leave it blank.

Then scroll all the way down and click "Save"
    custom9 likes this.
    06-25-10 12:22 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD