Is there a way to prompt for a password before viewing the phonebook? I have my phone locked and asks for a password before turning it on, but an extra level of security would be nice.

Thanks
    12-17-08 10:40 AM
    You can set the password timeout as short as 1 minute. That's the equivalent of having a password on every feature of the phone. You can't put additional passwords on specific applications with the native software. You can password protect individual files with FileLock. I haven't tried it, and don't know if it could be used with the address book.
    12-17-08 11:26 AM
    thanks. i put a 1 minute timeout. i was just worried if my phone is lost/stolen important emails and contact info might be exposed.

thanks again
    12-17-08 11:31 AM
    I also suggest you put a number to call if found along with your name in the owner field that displays when the phone is locked. That way an honest finder has the ability to return it to you. I lost mine last year in the DC Metro and had it back within a few hours, because the person who found it called the number.

You should also consider password protecting your media card if it has sensitive information on it. The OS has the ability to lock it so that it can't be read if removed from the BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD