Is there a way of saving Word documents to my microSD card? I have a SanDisk 2GB card that I bought to store media but I am wondering if it can also be used for other types of files? Thanks!
    02-18-08 11:07 AM
    Is there a way of saving Word documents to my microSD card? I have a SanDisk 2GB card that I bought to store media but I am wondering if it can also be used for other types of files? Thanks!
    Its just for media - songs/videos/ringtones/pictures
    02-18-08 11:19 AM
    Albeit, you can connect your device to your PC, create a documents directory on your card, and copy documents to it. Just in case you're on the road and want to get to a document...
    02-18-08 11:21 AM
    Thanks! how do I get to the card, though since the only app I have that uses the card is the Media app? thanks again!
    02-18-08 03:00 PM
    Just plugged your BlackBerry into your pc. On the BlackBerry, you'll get a message, "Enable Mass Storage, yes or no". Choose YES! Doing so will cause Windows XP / Vista to open a window, and give you various choices...

Choice view folder. From here you can create folders, copy and paste from Windows etc, etc!

.txt's, .pdf's will all be able to be read directly, but .doc .xls will need an application like DocumentsToGo by DataViz.
    02-18-08 04:33 PM
    Just plugged your BlackBerry into your pc. On the BlackBerry, you'll get a message, "Enable Mass Storage, yes or no". Choose YES! Doing so will cause Windows XP / Vista to open a window, and give you various choices...

Choice view folder. From here you can create folders, copy and paste from Windows etc, etc!

.txt's, .pdf's will all be able to be read directly, but .doc .xls will need an application like DocumentsToGo by DataViz.
    Got it! I have now created a folder on my card with Windows. It worked great! I have several documents (including some txt and pdf) on my card now. However, once I disconnect from the PC, how do I get to that folder? I can't seem to find any app that will get to the folder. Thanks again!
    02-18-08 09:02 PM
    In Media Player, go to the main screen, press Menu and choose Explore. You can navigate through the folders and files that way. You can display text files using the BlackBerry by this method, but not PDFs unless you have some application that will do that. DocumentsToGo is not released yet and will require and operating system upgrade.

So, basically, you can store any files you want on your BlackBerry, but the BlackBerry only reads pictures, audio, video, and plain text.
    02-18-08 11:39 PM
    ok, thanks for your help! I'll check with Docstogo periodically to see if they come up with anything.
    02-19-08 10:56 AM
    On the Docs To Go website they state that it should be available in Q1, but with the announcement of the new BlackBerry OS with document integration, my best bet is that Docs To Go should be available whenever the new OS is released. (Does the new OS COME with Docs To Go or just simply support it? If it comes with it, why would they sell it if all Berry's from here on out will come with the new OS and Docs To Go?)
    02-19-08 10:04 PM
    Can I backup my contacts to the SD card? My 8830 has a faulty data/charger port, and now I cant find a way to backup the contacts and settings... I need to replace it. HELP!!
    02-20-08 11:01 AM
    No you cannot back up to your microSD card. The only way to backup your contacts and other contents on your 8830 is to use Desktop Manager.
    02-20-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD