When you are on the other line, the caller hears a distinctive ring that signals that you are on a call.

Obviously if you order a ringback song, it masks the fact that there you are on a call.

Is there an option to disable this distinctive ring or mask it (other than a ringback tone or song)?

Thanks
    Bill
    12-31-07 02:33 PM
    you can call customer service to have them change it.
    01-01-08 01:06 PM
    This is the first I've heard of this. What does the ring sound like?
    01-01-08 06:55 PM
    u cant disable it. another way for verizon to make money off of us, by having us buy ringtones. unless something has changed recently.

c
    01-01-08 11:56 PM
    This is the first I've heard of this. What does the ring sound like?
    Verizon gives the caller a "ring... beep" instead of just "ring" if the Verizon customer being called is actively on the phone.
    01-03-08 09:01 AM
    When you are on the other line, the caller hears a distinctive ring that signals that you are on a call.

Obviously if you order a ringback song, it masks the fact that there you are on a call.

Is there an option to disable this distinctive ring or mask it (other than a ringback tone or song)?

Thanks
    Bill
    What you are talking about is called "call waiting distinctive ring back." From reading around I have heard both that it can and cannot be removed depending on what market you live in. Give customer service a call and ask them to remove it. If they can't resolve it have them transfer you to tech support.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Annoying call waiting BEEP

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Call Waiting

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - When on phone other callers can tell...

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - How to disable double ring people get when calling me while I'm on my phone.
    01-03-08 09:38 AM
    Agreed with SK1. That is very definitely a carrier option.
    01-03-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD