This is my first post so be kind....

So far the only way i can find to adjust the ringer volume is to go to the applications screen and select the speaker icon and scroll through the different ringer options. What I'd like to know is if there is a keyboard shortcut to mute the volume? The volume keys on the side don't do it, I've tried the alt key and any number of other key combinations, the mute button puts it in standby (and i don't want that), and i don't want to try to assign this to the convenience key. Does anyone know how to mute or adjust the ringer volume on the fly without having to go through the ringer settings at the applications screen?

Chris

P.S. thanks for all the great posts, I've learned more fiddling around here in the last few hours than in 2 months of using the blackberry.
    Last edited by Peisher; 05-21-08 at 03:24 PM.
    05-21-08 12:51 PM
    You can press the F key on the keyboard while at the Home screen and that will bring up the Profiles menu where you can adjust the volume.

If you look at each menu option, there is an underlined letter, that's the shortcut key. For example, Profiles or Browser. The underlined letter is the shortcut key, you can press from the Home screen.

Hope that helps!!
    05-21-08 02:24 PM
    This is my first post so be kind....

So far the only way i can find to adjust the ringer volume is to go to the applications screen and select the speaker icon and scroll through the different ringer options. What I'd like to know is if there is a keyboard shortcut to mute the volume? The volume keys on the side don't do it, I've tried the alt key and any number of other key combinations, the mute button puts it in standby (and i don't want that), and i don't want to try to assign this to the convenience key. Does anyone know how to mute or adjust the ringer volume on the fly without having to go through the ringer settings at the applications screen?

Chris

P.S. thanks for all the great posts, I've learned more fiddling
    With the screen facing you, look at the top where the shiny key is at. There are two icons there, one is for powering the phone on and off (left) the other to the right is your Mute button which also puts the phone in a standby mode too.

Welcome to the Crack!
    05-21-08 03:13 PM
    OK when i just press the mute button the phone doesn't do anything. If i press and hold it it goes into standby mode. Is the mute button supposed to mute the ringer? This sounds dumb but exactly how do you get the mute button to change the ringer volume without going into standby mode?
    05-21-08 03:25 PM
    With the screen facing you, look at the top where the shiny key is at. There are two icons there, one is for powering the phone on and off (left) the other to the right is your Mute button which also puts the phone in a standby mode too.

Welcome to the Crack!
    Peisher doesn't want to put it in standby mode.

Press the F key on the keyboard. It automatically brings up the profiles menu, select Mute and you're all set.

If you're screen is off/in standby, just turn on the screen (press any button) and then press F.

That should solve your problem!
    05-21-08 03:37 PM
    ok problem is that i have it set to dial from the home screen, so when i press F, it goes to the phone menu and starts filtering my address book for names with F, it never goes to the profiles menu. I changed the dial from home screen setting and i can access the profiles menu quickly, which is good. What would be best would be a way to just directly change the ringer volume by pressing the volume keys...how they forgot that option i'll never figure out. EVERY other phone does that. Anywho...can you get to this profiles menu without having to disable the "Dial From Home Screen" option?
    05-21-08 03:47 PM
    ok problem is that i have it set to dial from the home screen, so when i press F, it goes to the phone menu and starts filtering my address book for names with F, it never goes to the profiles menu. I changed the dial from home screen setting and i can access the profiles menu quickly, which is good. What would be best would be a way to just directly change the ringer volume by pressing the volume keys...how they forgot that option i'll never figure out. EVERY other phone does that. Anywho...can you get to this profiles menu without having to disable the "Dial From Home Screen" option?
    Short answer is no.

It won't read the shortcuts if you have it enabled to dial from the home screen. Personally, I wanted to avoid any chance of accidentally dialing people, so I disabled that function.

Great first post!
    05-21-08 03:55 PM
    oh, i also assigned the address book to my convenience key. This way I don't really need it to dial from the home screen.

Crackberry Nation Unite!
    05-21-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD