Hey folks,

I can't seem to find any option that will remove the yellow envelope notification on my Blackberry 8830. The red asterisk on my inbox and the flashing red LED are plenty notification for me.

I would, however, be interested in having the envelope show up for SMS messages if possible but if I can only choose to have it or not have it, I would rather not have it. I have it set up so my SMS and emails go to the main inbox anyway.

Don't know if its helpful for anyone but I use RIM with a BES in my office so all my emails go through there.

Thanks in advance!
    01-07-08 03:49 PM
    You can't remove that notification. The red asterisk and the flashing LED are optional.
    01-07-08 04:08 PM
    If you're talking about the small envelope with the number next to in at the top of the screen, then you can remove that, if desired. Go to Messages >Options >General Options. There is an option for "Display Message Count" and "Display New Message Indicator."

Hope this helps.
    01-07-08 04:42 PM
    John, you are right about the Display Message count, Ifor got about that.

But I think Display New Message Indicator is the red asterisk on the folder icon, isn't it?
    01-07-08 04:50 PM
    It's the envelope icon at the top.
    01-07-08 05:11 PM
    What about wanting the option of notification of the envelope at the top? But, when the envelope shows up, I need help in how to go about removing that for that time being until I actually do receive a new message. Just want everything to work as it should. LoL. I have the envelope with a 1 message notification, But I don't. I just bought the phone off of craigslist yesterday. I have deleted the previous owners Emails via service book, But is it really deleted? Is there a way to just restore everything back to factory settings as if I would have bought it from a retail provider? That would be nice. That way everything is deleted from the phone and I can then decide what I want on it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-04-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD