All of the sudden today, my BB turned off and the red light came on. Every time I press a button, the red light comes on for a few seconds, then goes off. The screen stays black. I didn't drop my phone, get it wet, or anything, it just turned off on it's own. Is it dead?

Thanks!
    09-14-08 02:20 PM
    whats the battery life like
    give it a pull
    then do a full nights charge
    09-14-08 02:25 PM
    The battery life was 95% if I had to put a percent on it. It's been charging since noon and nothing has changed. And I did take it out and put it back in before I charged it. I hope it's just a dead battery.

Thanks!
    09-14-08 02:28 PM
    try do a battery pull with the phone on
    see if that fixes it
    09-14-08 02:29 PM
    Still have a red light, blinking now
    09-14-08 02:50 PM
    It's working now, thanks!
    09-14-08 03:22 PM
    how did you fix it??
    10-16-08 06:18 AM
    how did you fix it??

It sounds like the battery pull got it working again, to restate the obvious.
    10-16-08 07:20 AM
    could you please tell me exactly how you fixed it as , i only recently got my storm 2 and my mum will kill me if it is broke , i havent dropped it or anything like that and i only got it at christmas, i have charged it but it just keeps on going red for 10 seconds then going off and not coming ack on , i have took the battery out many times but it is not doing anything please help me
    02-16-10 02:56 AM
    As a newbie, it took me a bit to figure out what a battery pull meant in Blackberry terms. I know it's sounds pretty intuitive, but without a working phone, not explicit enough.

1. Remove the back of the phone, exposing the battery.
    2. Plug in your charger (I don't know if this works with the USB cable....)
    3. With the red light lit, remove the battery
    4. After the red light goes out, replace the battery
    5. The red light should come back on and the phone should begin to charge. Wait for it, there may be a couple of seconds delay before the charging icon shows on the screen.

That's what worked for me.
    SquisherDa likes this.
    02-18-11 02:02 PM
    Hey, the same thing happened to me. It's never happened before and I've had it for 2-ish years now, so I was at a loss with what to do because it never usually plays up. After finding this forum page, I tried what you suggested and it is now working after numerous battery pulls, so thank you. What I want to know is, is it likely to do it again in the near future ie. the next few hours/days/weeks? I just want to know if it is so I can be prepared. Thanks in advance!
    04-19-11 02:40 PM
    Oh, sorry for posting this on the wrong thread! I didn't notice that this was only for 8830s. I guess it will still work for my phone though.
    04-19-11 02:43 PM
    I have tried all the things above but none of them seem to be working, Im really annoyed because this happened when I downloaded the desktop softwear. Grr, do yoiu have any other Ideas because now nothings happening, no light or anything!
    08-27-11 01:52 AM
    My phone just turned off out of nowhere, and now my LED light keeps blinking red. I've done a battery pull 3 times already and still nothing. Somebody please help me.
    08-30-11 11:22 AM
    so is it the phone or the battery, I keep pulling the battery off and waiting for the charging image on the screen but it will not appear, and the lights keep blinking for 10 seconds and going out, so is it the battery needs replacing or the phone?
    11-11-11 03:29 PM
    I have the same problem,when I remove the battery and replace it the red light gets on for a ew seconds. even when I put it in charge mode nothing happens and when I put it on usb the light suddenly dies... I've tried to put a new software,but the apploader only readsmy bb without its pin when I select next then everything suddenly disconnects!!! what can I do???
    12-03-11 02:57 PM
    My blackberry works perfectly well. I dont understand why dont i get these problems
    12-09-11 05:52 AM
    Hi there, my phone has the redlight on, it'll load up till the blackberry loading bar then it turns off and wont load, also after so long it'll say its charging and then it'll continue to try and boot, any ideas.

Zac.
    12-24-11 06:33 AM
    Zac
    I'm having the same problem with my Torch 9850 will show the loader bar with "Blackberry" at middle of screen and then it goes out. Did you figure anything out?

Thanks
    01-19-12 05:15 PM
    Zac
    I'm having the same problem with my Torch 9850 will show the loader bar with "Blackberry" at middle of screen and then it goes out. Did you figure anything out?

Thanks
    Did you figure out what was happening with your Torch 9850? Mine is doing the same thing
    01-27-12 01:13 PM
    having the same issue and after i did the updates..anybody figured this out? BB about ready to lose a customer for good.
    02-07-12 07:44 PM
    try replacing the power i.c
    02-17-12 02:49 AM
    hello
    im using the blackberry bold 9900. i used it for approximately 2 months or so now. i've read the forums and im going through the same problem. but mine is a little different. my phone at the start was fine later my battery life started to go lower it would charge properly and then before it got to half way it would switch off. or if ii battery pulled on a full battery for blackberry internet services my phone would switch back on and the battery would be really close to dead. id charge it 2 times a day. and soon it became worse where randomly it would switch off without the charger when fully charged and when id battery pull and put it back on it would reboot half way and switch off again, this would repeat. and now it just dont charge or switch on. but the LED flashes once then 2 seconds, later flash 3 times. with the battery in and without the battery while connected to the charger (via USB). is their any thing i can do to fix this problem or is it because of the battery or the phone alone. :/ :S

thank you
    12-05-12 01:05 PM
    it works! thank you so much!
    As a newbie, it took me a bit to figure out what a battery pull meant in Blackberry terms. I know it's sounds pretty intuitive, but without a working phone, not explicit enough.

1. Remove the back of the phone, exposing the battery.
    2. Plug in your charger (I don't know if this works with the USB cable....)
    3. With the red light lit, remove the battery
    4. After the red light goes out, replace the battery
    5. The red light should come back on and the phone should begin to charge. Wait for it, there may be a couple of seconds delay before the charging icon shows on the screen.

That's what worked for me.
    12-17-12 10:35 PM
    I have the same problem with my BB. What you mean by "battery pull" while the phone is on?
    01-06-13 10:10 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD