I have read some posts on this, but none seem to apply to my particular situation. I am being inundated with email message from [email protected]. I have attempted many of the steps I have read, but none have solved the problem. Here is what I can done in the following order:

1) Even though I was using BIS, I completely uninstalled BB Desktop Manager and rebooted my computer. I then reinstalled and once again made sure it was setup for BIS.
    2) I deleted my email accounts online through BIS and set them back up.
    3) Since it continued after setting them back up, I sent service books from BIS

***Note my company has not and does not run BES and my BB 8830 has never been connected to a BES.

I am getting about 20 of these messages every 30 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hutch
    07-05-07 07:28 PM
    Is this coming into your blackberry.net account or another POP account? If you don't need the blackberry.net account, then disable it through BIS. If you need it, you could try to set a filter in BIS to stop that email.

When I tried my blackberry.net account I started getting all kinds of spam. I killed it immediately.
    07-05-07 07:33 PM
    You messed up on the install of Desktop Manager (you picked Redirector or BES instead of INTERNET). This has caused another service book to be installed on your Blackberry. Go through options on the BB and check out service books. One of them shouldn't be there. Look for one that doesn't have CMIME at the end of it.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-05-07 at 07:41 PM.
    07-05-07 07:36 PM
    You messed up on the install of Desktop Manager (you picked Redirector or BES instead of INTERNET). This has caused another service book to be installed on your Blackberry. Go through options on the BB and check out service books. One of them shouldn't be there.
    Ah! So true. I didn't see that. It's probably a BES activation message. Please ignore my previous advice...
    07-05-07 07:40 PM
    I will try it in the morning, but I was extremely careful to make sure I chose BIS during the setup. This is attested to the fact that there is no Email Option icon in the Desktop Manager.
    07-05-07 08:40 PM
    I will try it in the morning, but I was extremely careful to make sure I chose BIS during the setup. This is attested to the fact that there is no Email Option icon in the Desktop Manager.
    Then the setup is fine for DM. Look in the service books on the phone. I've had a couple of clients all of a sudden end up with BES service books causing this sort of thing and they swear they didn't try to run though the activation. It's definatly a service book, but I mentioned the DM setup because if it was wrong and you delete the SB the next time you reconnect it just puts it back on. So both the DM setup and deletion of the SB needs to happen.
    07-06-07 09:30 AM
    I think I have stopped it. I actually ended up starting all over by completely uninstalling DM and wiping my BB. I then set my BB up with BIS b/f I reinstalled DM and synced it. It works much better now on many different levels.
    07-07-07 09:04 AM
    Well, since wiping the BB deletes the Service Book info, that works too.
    07-07-07 06:43 PM
    Which service book needs to be deleted? I do not want to delete the wrong one..
    03-05-09 07:03 AM
    Which service book needs to be deleted? I do not want to delete the wrong one..

Delete them all and then log into your BIS account and hit send service books. Withing 10 seconds you will have them all right back on your phone that you need.
    03-05-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD