Ok, I've had my 8830 2 weeks now and love it. Can't believe I've lived this long without a bb.

Question: When someone sends me a picture as via text message I am not receiving it. I keep getting these generic emails from Verizon telling me to go to vzpics.com or something like that to log in and view.

Why does this keep happening? Is there a way to receive pictures without having to jump through hoops and log in to view? And why is that when I had a simple phone I could receive them via text from someone and now that I have a more way better phone I can't?

Thanks
    09-19-08 08:23 PM
    even thought the 8830 can handle pictures and complex items such as emails with pictures in them. Verizon decided to turn this function off for some really weird reason. i guess it was due to there being no camera on the phone but as to why would think people would not want access this stuff straight from the phone is beyond me
    09-19-08 08:46 PM
    Someone mentioned that perhaps the text message could be sent to my email address for the bb and not to my phone number.

I've received pictures as attachments to emails and can view them.
    09-19-08 08:51 PM
    yeah the only way to get around that is just to receive the pictures through email. as someone question, why would verizon turn that function off is beyond this world.
    09-19-08 11:11 PM
    even thought the 8830 can handle pictures and complex items such as emails with pictures in them. Verizon decided to turn this function off for some really weird reason. i guess it was due to there being no camera on the phone but as to why would think people would not want access this stuff straight from the phone is beyond me
    I haven't had my BFF BB 8830 for very long, but I have noticed that I can't get pictures through my email! I get links...is there something I need to do to have the pics come through?
    Its really irritating!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 11:28 AM
    Another alternative is to visit the website www.vzwpix.com I have it as a bookmark after loggin in u should see the messages and u can either view them and select the picture to save or forward as an email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 11:35 AM
    The thing about having sms on the 8830 for verizon you will notice at your texting feature it will say non camera text, and the basically prevents you from receiving mms, but if your friend has a blackberry too, you can directly receive the image from blackberry messenger.
    09-28-08 03:30 AM
    i just check the pix on a computer. but most of my friends/ppl that send me pics have E-mail , so they snap the picture and send it via E-Mail.

quicker and just uses data not TXT msgs.

lifegoes00 -

yes you can send pics via blackberry messenger, its free (just uses data)

just like as if you were on AIM/MSN
    09-28-08 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD