Hi everyone. I've browsed the forum for an answer, but didnt find any solutions...

Has anyone been able to open a txt file saved on a BB and read it without any problems? Is there an application I can download that can do that?
    Perhaps, an e-book application?

Sorry if this has been resolved before, I didnt find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Anton.
    10-05-07 05:13 PM
    It does work, I've tested it. Becuase notepad is a text document, it does not need an applicaton, per s� to work. Save the document on your memory card, then try to read it...

If it does not work, please advise the error message...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-07 05:28 PM
    Does it only work with a memory card and not if loaded from the device memory? I see the text if I highlight it, as you've mentioned in the other thread discussing this issue.
    10-05-07 06:05 PM
    Just bought a memory card, tried to load a txt file from it, and I'm getting same exact problem. Text is only visible if I highlight it through "select" mode, otherwise all I see is a black screen.
    Another disappointment - no slavic font support? The web browser displays foreign fonts perfectly fine, but not the text file viewer? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    10-09-07 12:27 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this yet? I loaded a txt file into my media card and all I see is black as well when I open the file.
    02-18-08 07:28 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this yet? I loaded a txt file into my media card and all I see is black as well when I open the file.
    not trying to be a **** here, but it strikes me that an obvious solution is to put the text into an email to yourself. if you are loading the txt file onto your media card, then you are at a computer. accordingly, instead of loading the txt file onto the media card you can open the txt file, copy the text, paste it into an email to yourself and viola - the text is readable in your email, which is the main reason for having a BB.

of course, if the txt file is really large this may not be workable, but hey...

apologies if i am missing something here and this solution doesn't work.
    02-20-08 02:51 PM
    What's the version of your OS? I had the same problem you have where one half of the screen is black (where the text should be) and the other half is white and you can only see the text if you highlight it. I had the original OS when the 8830 first shipped and was having your problem until I updated to the latest OS v4.2.2.176. If you have an older OS, I suggest you upgrade. Also what carrier are you on?
    02-20-08 07:36 PM
    I have 4.2 system software, that I haven't updated since getting my 8830 last July. My carrier is Telus. And to the previous post, it is an ebook I'm trying to read so copying it to an email message is not going to be feasible.
    03-17-08 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD