I don't seem to be getting all my emails... and it seems to be random. I sent one to myself at around 9am this morning and never got it but then sent another one to myself about 30 minutes ago and got it just fine. What would cause this?
    11-07-08 03:52 PM
    Low free memory can cause SMS messages to be lost. I've not heard of it causing emails to be deleted. What number do you have for Options / Status / File Free?
    11-07-08 04:03 PM
    Could be service books, are you on the BIS or BES?
    11-07-08 05:02 PM
    BES and how do I tell if it's deleting them or just never picking them up in the first place?
    11-10-08 08:26 AM
    Since you're on BES, have you discussed this issue with your IT dept? That would be your first step if you've ruled out it being a low memory issue on your BB.
    11-10-08 01:15 PM
    my fault... I am actuall on BIS... and I don't see how it could be a memory problem. I don't have anything else running on the blackberry... but I'll look into that.
    11-10-08 01:53 PM
    If it's on BIS, then what type of account is it polling? If it's your work account and it's via OWA conduit to your Exchange account, then if you open your emails or in any other way manipulate them prior to them being sent to your BB by the BIS servers, that's why it's not working. They must remain unread and unmoved from your Inbox for them to reach your BB.

Rules for filing emails as they come in from your Inbox to another subfolder in Outlook will also cause your email not to be picked up by the BIS servers.

If the account in question is a POP3 account and you've polled the account and subsequently pulled down all the emails via Outlook (Full or Express), then that will also keep the BIS servers from sending the email down to your BB.

BIS server polling happens every 15 minutes or so and takes any unopened/new emails in the INBOX of the account in question and sends it to your BB. If that email does not exist in this "exact" context, then it will not come to your BB. Simple as that.
    11-10-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD