I have my BB 8830 setup on my corporate BB server and it sync's with my corporate desktop. however, I would also like to sync the contacts and calendar with my personal laptop for backup purposes. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to setup the sync on the laptop without it over writing the blackberry information....

Thanks in advance for the help.
    ~S
    08-14-07 10:29 AM
    Yes you can do both. However, before syncing with your laptop, you have to turn Wireless Synchronization (WS) Off in the Calendar Options Menu. You have to do the same for Address Book, Memos and Tasks. Assuming you have installed the BB Desktop software correctly, you can now sync with the laptop's PIM software. Just remember to turn WS back ON again to sync with BES. FYI, personal contacts/calendar entries will sync with your coporate network. You can turn off WS for Memo and Tasks if you want.
    08-14-07 10:48 AM
    Yes you can do both. However, before syncing with your laptop, you have to turn Wireless Synchronization (WS) Off in the Calendar Options Menu. You have to do the same for Address Book, Memos and Tasks. Assuming you have installed the BB Desktop software correctly, you can now sync with the laptop's PIM software. Just remember to turn WS back ON again to sync with BES. FYI, personal contacts/calendar entries will sync with your coporate network. You can turn off WS for Memo and Tasks if you want.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, there is nothing in outlook on my laptop, I just want to use it as a backup, so I want the files on the BB to over-write the laptop (as my work PC is the main device and it over writes the BB).

I need to turn off the wireless sync on the laptop or on the work PC...a bit confused about that.
    08-14-07 10:56 AM
    You turn OFF the wireless sync on the BB. Choose Calendar -> BB Menu -> Options ...here look for Wireless Synchronization. Choose No and Save.

You have to do this each time, before you sync with the laptop. Remember to turn it back On once you're done.

Good luck.
    08-14-07 11:43 AM
    You could also perform a backup on your personal machine using Desktop Manager, without syncronizing. Simply create a backup and store that backup. If your BB is ever wiped, you can restore data/settings from this backup. For kicks, make sure your device is as up to date as possible when you create/restore from these backups.
    08-14-07 11:44 AM
    You turn OFF the wireless sync on the BB. Choose Calendar -> BB Menu -> Options ...here look for Wireless Synchronization. Choose No and Save.

You have to do this each time, before you sync with the laptop. Remember to turn it back On once you're done.

Good luck.
    Cool...thanks for the clarification. I would also assume that I should set the BB desktop software on the Laptop to "BB over writes Desktop".....that way older information on the laptop will not overwrite the BB.

Thanks again for all of the help.
    08-14-07 12:37 PM
    I am connecting to my system through oracle connector. I tried installing syncberry software, but it didn't work for some reason. My boss has the exact same BB and it is set up the same (we think), is there anything anyone knows to make this software work!

thanks
    08-14-07 02:06 PM
    Cool...thanks for the clarification. I would also assume that I should set the BB desktop software on the Laptop to "BB over writes Desktop".....that way older information on the laptop will not overwrite the BB.

Thanks again for all of the help.
    For what you want, you got it! ...and you're welcome.
    08-14-07 02:28 PM

Good luck.
    Hi, anyone know the answer to this. I've been using the Desktop Manager to synch and all of a sudden I'm now getting an error/conflict with the calendar. A conflict will show up, and no matter what I select, I then get an error: 0x8oo4fd28. The 'wireless sync' is turned off in calendar??? Thanx for any suggestions
    02-14-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD