Hello everyone.. This is my first time here. I'm having some issues with my new blackberry 8830 world edition. I also just purchased a plantronics headset with A2DP. Model 855 voyager. For some reason I cant get the custom ringtones to transmit throught the handset during an incoming call... However if i go to the media icon on the home screen, go to ring tones, and then scroll over them and test them out, it transmits through the headset. Just doesn't work during an incoming call. I need the custom ringtones to transmit through my bluetooth headset so that I know who is calling rather then checking the called id on the phone every time. I downloaded a custom nametones software that works great however, i need it to work with this headset. thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks, Mike
    02-05-08 05:45 PM
    Hmm, rather weird! I wonder if removing the Bluetooth from the BlackBerry, and readding it would help...

Since the headset is A2DP, it 'should' work. I know it does on the Curve (83**) devices, just not 100% about the 88** series devices...

Also, did you happen to test it BEFORE that software that you installed? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
    02-05-08 07:33 PM
    Hmm, rather weird! I wonder if removing the Bluetooth from the BlackBerry, and readding it would help...

Since the headset is A2DP, it 'should' work. I know it does on the Curve (83**) devices, just not 100% about the 88** series devices...

Also, did you happen to test it BEFORE that software that you installed? I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
    I will try uninstalling that software and give it a shot. It is weird, because when I test out the ringtones it transmits. Just doesn't work when I get an incoming call.. Reguardless of what ringtone is set i still get the same exact tone through the headset. Even if i use a set ringer that came on the phone it still rings differently on the headset. I was gonna look into gettin another bluetooth headset.. thanks
    02-05-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD