OK...I swapped to my Blackberry 8830 WE from an A900 on the 19th. Everything seems to have went smoothly. However, I cannot get the over the air programming to work. I have been to 10 different sites (including RIM) and anything that attempts to load over the air to my BB fails. I get an error message in the browser that tells me (roughly) that it failed to connect to the Mobile Data Service. i am sitting on hold now with Sprint and they seem pretty clueless as usual. I figure that it has something to do with the backend programming or config on their side or something that needs to be changed on the phone itself.

UPDATE....now Sprint is telling me that I need to speak with every single site I have gone to and tried to do an application install and see what the problem is as they cannot help me.

Any suggestions here from the members?

Much thanks!
    06-25-08 01:07 PM
    First off, what is it you are trying to accomplish? Second, do you have a BB data plan?
    06-25-08 01:15 PM
    Sorry I was not more clear. I am trying to load software. Like Opera Mini and a variety of the applications offered here. Second, yes...I do have a data plan. Any time I go to a site and try to load the software over the air (i.e. plug in phone number, get email with weblink, click on weblink, go to site, download software) I get an error message in the browser telling me it failed to connect to that mobile data service (approximately). However, if I go to Yahoo or whatever for a normal search or surfing session through the browser, it works fine.

Thanks!
    06-25-08 01:26 PM
    Problem corrected by RIM...it was settings on the device.
    06-25-08 01:41 PM
    What settings did they have you change?
    06-25-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD