Hi.. a one week old BB owner

I am having problems accessing my ringtones saved on my media card. I can view them in desktop manager but cannot select them.

I have a option that says "browse" but can not select the media card file. I keep losing my ringtone settings each time I change my theme or profile. Can anyone shed some light on this matter.

Thanks in advance
    08-07-08 08:58 PM
    Unplug your BB from your computer.

When the media card is in Mass Storage Mode, the BB will not be able to have access to it.

Also, the ringtone is customizable for each profile or for all profiles. If you don't set it correctly (i.e. you set it for one profile, but not all/default) then when you change profiles it will seem like it's gone back to the previous one.

To set the same ringtone for all profiles, just set it from the Media Player. Highlight the ringtone you want and hit Menu/Set as Ringtone.
    08-07-08 09:19 PM
    Thanks I will try that, the BB has not been plugged in. I will research the profiles settings again.

Appreciate it
    08-07-08 09:24 PM
    Just make sure you put the files in the ringtone directory on the memory card and you'll be fine.
    08-07-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD