I pushed send to call someone the same time someone was calling me and I switched over to the incoming call. However I was unable to switch back and now that out going call is still in use and I can't end it. Also I am unable to call out and when someone is calling in it doesn't read. I tried turning my phone off, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-11-07 04:16 PM
    Pull the battery.
    08-11-07 04:34 PM
    Pulling battery worked, I also called *228 witch is Verizon's number to reprogram the phone with the towers!

Thanks kasperapd
    08-11-07 04:47 PM
    Yea i have the same problem constantly. It for some reason doesnt let the call end.

Pulling the battery clearly works but is annoying to constantly do as it takes time to load back up.

Is there any other solution?
    08-14-07 06:10 PM
    has anyone else had this problem???
    08-16-07 03:27 PM
    Pulling battery worked, I also called *228 witch is Verizon's number to reprogram the phone with the towers!

Thanks kasperapd
    FYI, it doesn't actually reprogram anything. To my understanding, it only updates the PRL list (Preferred Roaming List). Verizon wants everyone to do this so they tell people they should always do this first if they have a problem. It really does zip for fixing problems.

Yea i have the same problem constantly. It for some reason doesnt let the call end.

Pulling the battery clearly works but is annoying to constantly do as it takes time to load back up.

Is there any other solution?
    Sound like a big problem. I would try to get the phone exchanged. That's a large PITA if it does it constantly. How long have you had your BB?
    08-16-07 04:47 PM
    This topic was debated a week or so ago and has been experienced far and wide by many users so it seems, including moi.

Mine only seems to lock up when I'm in the process of making a call that hasn't actually connected yet and another call comes in. I've learned to disregard the inbound 'call waiting' call, complete my initial call and then call the other person back. It's a PITA but it's better than pulling the battery, which I've had to do at least 5 times in the 2 months I had my 8830
    08-17-07 08:39 AM
    What you just mentioned is really the true crux of my issue. It is so frustrating to do but I suppose ignoring the incoming call and calling the person back is the best way to handle it.

How could there be no other explanation for this though? I find it quite strange,
    08-19-07 08:50 PM
    Someone said this before, this has been discussed, and I thought the issue was, one had to press menu (during an incoming call), and then do the call swap through that menu. On some devices using the 'answer' option that comes up on the screen, causes the BlackBerry to do weird things. I believe this is to do with certain models, and certain OS versions...
    08-20-07 07:35 AM
    This is a known issue that I was having with my 8830. Once I ran the upgrade, it stopped happening. Go to BlackBerry™ 4.x Software Download and load the latest upgrade. That will fix it. No more battery pulls for me!
    08-20-07 10:17 AM
    I handle it this way: Similar to rebooting a PC, press Alt+Cap+Del simultaneously. Easier than pulling the battery.
    08-20-07 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD