where can i get a reputable uk sim card with a stored value? i am traveling to the uk and ireland in november and im planning on bringing an unlocked 8830 with a uk sim card... i just need to find a company that will sell one. feel free to pin msg me.

-Ryan
    08-07-07 01:18 PM
    You could buy a sim when you get to the uk.Most mobile companys sell them from their stores.Beware though Vodafone will not give out the gprs settings for Blackberry to pre-pay customers, dont know about T-mobile, O2 Orange or Virgin.Check first hope this helps a little
    08-07-07 01:45 PM
    i just want to be able to call on the phone i couldent care less about email and all that junk.
    08-07-07 01:56 PM
    08-07-07 01:58 PM
    I was in the UK in 2004 and bought the pay as you go o2 card. They shipped it to me and I installed in a unlocked Ericsson phone. When I got to the UK I went to a kiosk handed them the swipe card and a 20 pound note and in 15 seconds I had a beep and call time on my phone. I used it for the 23 days I was in Scotland and any time I need more minutes I found a place (all over) where they swiped the card and added minutes.

I found the coverage to be brilliant. I even received a call on the outskirts of John O' Groats with no problem!

http://k53.pbase.com/u18/dlathem/med...4.**7L3735.jpg
    08-07-07 04:40 PM
    THANK YOU very helpfull! what about Ireland..?

is that considered the same general calling area or is it a different rate plan?
    08-07-07 06:45 PM
    I picked up a Vodaphone prepaid sim card off of ebay, and it does work. It was probably more pricier than picking one up in the actuall country i was planning on using it, buts its nice having it before hand.
    08-07-07 07:14 PM

is that considered the same general calling area or is it a different rate plan?
    You would need to go to the o2 website and check their coverage. It might be different in Norther Ireland.
    08-08-07 10:19 AM

get a GLOBAL sim card and not one local to a specific country and you can jump on anyone's network. You will not be limited to only 1 network, you can just jump on someone elses if you hit an area where your first provider does not have coverage. A global sim is also a better choice if you travel to different countries frequently... just an FYI
    08-08-07 01:08 PM
    i have the 8830 unlocked now... what is the best bet, to order one or to just get on there? im thinking ill just pick one up at a kiosk or something... what does the gprs settings have to do with anything? will the phone not work or what?
    11-05-07 12:01 PM
    When you arrive in the UK you will be able to easily find a gazillion different retail shops where you can pick-up a pre-paid SIM card. Just stick to the main carriers, the competition is fierce, call prices in the UK are amongst the cheapest in Europe. You only need GPRS if you want to do anything else other than telephoning and sending SMS.
    11-05-07 02:32 PM
    **** i have a box full of prepaid SIM all sealed...Take your pick....You can have one...

Just need to know where you want it sent - PM Me...

I would recommend O2 and they offer the best rates imho. However, depends where in Ireland your are going....

Anyway, up to you...
    11-05-07 02:44 PM
    im going to be living in london for 3 1/2 months for school and was considering bringing a blackberry to use. i have a curve. is it best to get a prepaid sim card before or when i get there? and if so, which one/carrier? also, i want to be able to bbm when i am there, i was told from a friend that it is free /internationally? is this true? and if so is it possible with a prepaid sim card?
    08-05-09 11:32 AM
    Im traveling to UK for a month, and was going to pick up a SIM card while i was there for my Z10, but a question came up, does my phone need to be unlocked?
    07-07-13 04:52 PM
    Yes, it has to be.
    07-08-13 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD