About once a week I'm having trouble getting my phone to hang up. I have only had the phone for about 5 months but sometimes it takes up to 2 days for me to be able to make an outgoing call. It only happens when I make a call and the other person doesn't answer. After I hang up (or try to) I can only receive calls but the phone won't allow me to make outgoing calls. I've tried turning it off and back on (several times)...the only thing that seems to work is deleting an application and forcing the phone to reboot. Has anyone experieced this before...any advice or assistance would really be appreciated.
    01-24-08 06:36 PM
    Update to the latest OS. It's a known problem. Also, "Turning Off" the phone won't do anything because it's not an ON/OFF function as in "clears the memory".

Pull the battery and put it back in to reboot the phone and it'll solve your lockup issue the next time it happens, however update the OS and it won't happen anymore.
    01-24-08 11:38 PM
    Thanks so much...your advice worked perfectly!
    02-12-08 03:04 PM
    Update to the latest OS. It's a known problem. Also, "Turning Off" the phone won't do anything because it's not an ON/OFF function as in "clears the memory".

Pull the battery and put it back in to reboot the phone and it'll solve your lockup issue the next time it happens, however update the OS and it won't happen anymore.
    I've noticed a similar problem, but over the past day. The red hang up button doesn't seem to work, though I'm manually able to end the call when I pull up the menu of options. How would you update the OS?
    03-27-08 09:19 AM
    I'm having the same problem, my BB won't hang up. How do you manually hand it up when you pull up the menu? I don't have an option to "hang up" or "end call"?

Thank you!
    Lanie91

I've noticed a similar problem, but over the past day. The red hang up button doesn't seem to work, though I'm manually able to end the call when I pull up the menu of options. How would you update the OS?
    12-04-09 11:37 AM
    update the os through the blackberry desktop manager. App loader>far right option. start, it will search for newest os for the device, and allow you to install.
    12-04-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD