Help!
    Having trouble looking at or down loading any pdf files on any web page while on the internet using BB8830 on verizon.
    However no problem viewing pdf files in email sent to me.
    03-22-08 12:11 AM
    I'm not having problems opening PDF attachments, just having issues with seeing them very well.......seem very faint vs other types of attachments, word and excel docs for ex.
    03-22-08 06:29 AM
    I didn't think the BlackBerry devices could open Portable Document Format (.pdf) files out-of-the-box (unless they were sent by e-mail of course!)... As I understand it, Portable Document Format (.pdf) files based on the Internet can only be opened if you have a third-party viewer installed on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 06:33 AM
    I regularly receive PDF attachments daily to emails, and they've opened up fine. I reread the original post, and he seems to be talking about downloading PDF's from sites as the problem.....I haven't tried that (yet).
    03-22-08 07:08 AM
    I didn't think the BlackBerry devices could open Portable Document Format (.pdf) files out-of-the-box (unless they were sent by e-mail of course!)... As I understand it, Portable Document Format (.pdf) files based on the Internet can only be opened if you have a third-party viewer installed on your device.

Thanks cyba.cowboy you seem to have a idea that might work however have not found a third party viewer that would allow the pdf file to be opened on the internet. Have sent several vendors emails to ask if the product they sell would open pdf files so far DocHawk said no and eFile Pro said no and as for Verizon, well lets say they are clue less....!!
    03-22-08 05:10 PM
    Cerience Corporation : RepliGo Professional for BlackBerry

You have to pay annual subscription. They have 30-day trial.
    03-22-08 09:34 PM
    I got the 30 day trial but why pay for it if I can use pdfs sent to me in emails anyways. It says nothing about being able to read them on the go. Has anyone who downloaded 4.5 tried opening up a pdf to see if they are supported?

03-30-08 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD