Hello all....
    My girlfriends blackkberry will not unlock. When it prompts for the password, it asks her to spell "blackberry". After this, the password she types in does not come up as asteriks and will not allow her to log on.

I have never heard of such of thing, and she has exhausted 8 attempts at the password. Any suggestions???
    07-04-08 07:29 PM
    Perhaps her password is numeric? For example, she may think her password is 'wert' when it is '123('. Unfortunately for her, there is no way to bypass the password on a blackberry. If she can't recall it, she will have no choice but to wipe the blackberry back to its factory-out-of-the-box configuration, which deletes all user data and resets the password. She can then use the phone.

If she exceeds her password attempts limit (defaults to 10, but you can set it as low as 3), she will be prompted one last time to type the word blackberry. The device will then wipe. It will be reset to the factory out-of-the-box condition, and the password reset. She will lose everything in the device memory, with no possibility of recovery. It will not reformat the microSD card, since that's not part of the factory configuration. The phone will still be usable, and the operating system will be unchanged.
    07-04-08 07:52 PM
    After the first time it requests "blackberry", it will no longer show the asterisks. That's to help the user visually confirm the password is being typed correctly.

If she's sure about the password, it's likely what JeffH suggested. Or it could also be the opposite, where she thinks the password is numeric and it's actually letters.

hth,

e.n.
    07-05-08 11:05 AM
    I have same problem. I know my password but it wont let me type numbers and it wont unlock numbers. anyone know what i can do?
    07-06-08 05:59 PM
    Alt-L.shift on an 8830 toggles num lock. I can't see your device on wap so I don't know what you have. You should be able to find the num lock sequence in the manual if it is different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 06:21 PM
    i have a 7100i. alt and shift did not work
    07-06-08 06:49 PM
    Hello all....
    My girlfriends blackkberry will not unlock. When it prompts for the password, it asks her to spell "blackberry". After this, the password she types in does not come up as asteriks and will not allow her to log on.

I have never heard of such of thing, and she has exhausted 8 attempts at the password. Any suggestions???

I am having the same problem as musser. I have a BB Curve 8330 that I set up with a simple password. I have unlocked the BB numerous times to use without any problems. But twice now it has asked me to type "blackberry" which I did. Then it asked for my password. I typed it in correctly as it shows me what I type instead of astericks, but it still didn't work. The second time this happened was when I tried hooking up the BB to Desktop Manager for the first time. The PC first asked me for the password, and after three missed attempts, I unhooked the BB from the PC. The BB then asked me to type "blackberry" and then my password before wiping itself clean. I'm wondering if there is a different (default) password for some of these things. I didn't try the battery pull option yet - maybe I will next time. But there seems to be something amiss here.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Bri-no
    07-18-08 02:16 PM
    I hope she has it backed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 02:18 PM
    There is a way to get in but it deletes everything in your blackberry. This has happened to me and my boyfriend before.
    07-23-08 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD